MX riding the 07...

3 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted June 30, 2008 - 08:00 AM

anyone else out there do it? i was just wondering how or if you can keep up with the mx guys... i can go pretty fast at the track but there are a few jumps into corners that i always roll because i don't think (and i know on a couple) that i could slow my bike down enough to make it around. can you guys plant the bike into corners hard or am i just asking to much from the WR?

• redswr

Posted June 30, 2008 - 04:45 PM

any one have after market brakes or rotors and would this help me get stopped on the track or cause me just to lock up and slide?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted June 30, 2008 - 05:23 PM

I don't think the rear brake is the problem here. Are you thinking of going to a 280mm front rotor? That would help a bunch.

BTW I don't think the stopping issues you're having are limited to the trail 450s, I've seen alot of dudes with 450 MXers have oversized rotors on the front. These things build momentum so fast in certain sitiuations its hard to get them slowed down with brakes essentially identical to what comes on a 250f.

• redswr

Posted June 30, 2008 - 09:47 PM

yeah... maybe the 280 is what i should get, that thing takes a while to slow down after a big jump.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.