What kind of clutch perch/ assembly should I get?

12 replies to this topic
  • Dan_187

Posted June 30, 2008 - 07:35 AM

I have an 06 YZ450 and I want to get a nice aftermarket perch. I have tried the ASVs but the hotstart didnt work as smoothly as stock, it was very sloppy so I had to take it back. I'm thinking of the Renthal intellilever or the sunline unbreakable perch (i cant think of the model but its that bronze color one). What would you guys recommend, I have a clutch perch fetish so whatever I get has to be quality and close tolerances, so no sloppy one size fits all type of construction.

• spodedestroyer

Posted June 30, 2008 - 09:14 AM

Works Connection or Pro Circuit

• Centrespike

Posted June 30, 2008 - 09:38 AM

If your picky about your clutch & perch you should try the Magura hydraulic clutch. Makes the pull of the clutch a lot easier, more consistent and the hot start once adjusted works great.

The fit and finish of the Magura is top shelf. :thumbsup:

And it's not that much more than a WC or PC.

• Dan_187

Posted June 30, 2008 - 11:14 AM

The WC elite perch is my favorite of all but its so rediculously expensive that I can't even consider it, its also not an unbreakable one (I didnt mention previously that I wanted an unbreakable), i dont want to risk it getting broken as easily as a stock one. The mangura is definately nice too, but a bit too expensive.

I forgot to mention I was also looking at the Zeta perches too.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 30, 2008 - 11:17 AM

I have never broken a perch before. I use the WC Elite Pro perch and it is rebuildable and the lever has bearing in it for smooth operation. I have yet to break the lever as I have a spare.
If I was going to try something different. I would give the new Renthal Perch and unbreakable lever a try :thumbsup:

this one:
http://www.renthal.c...ile/feature.asp

• grayracer513

Posted June 30, 2008 - 11:30 AM

I have ASV C5's on mine, and an ASV blade in the OEM perch on my son's bike. Neither bike has broken a perch in over 2 years.

If theses are somehow not elegant enough, there's this:

http://www.yamaha-mo...9/0/detail.aspx

http://www.yamaha-mo...1/0/detail.aspx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Centrespike

Posted June 30, 2008 - 12:29 PM

The WC elite perch is my favorite of all but its so rediculously expensive that I can't even consider it, its also not an unbreakable one (I didnt mention previously that I wanted an unbreakable), i dont want to risk it getting broken as easily as a stock one. The mangura is definately nice too, but a bit too expensive.

I forgot to mention I was also looking at the Zeta perches too.

Zeta's are the cheapest unbreakable I have found, way cheaper than ASV's. No experience with them tho, I'm sure if you search TT you'll find many with opinions on Zeta's.

• SmobySport

Posted July 01, 2008 - 08:57 AM

Moose Racing makes unbreakable levers. I think they took over ARC. I saw the perch/hotstart/lever combo at the shop yesterday for $90. I am not sure if they have bearings but here is a linky http://www.mooseraci...t_group_id=6592

Edit: I looked into it a little more and I think they use bushings. Would explain the price ....

• 328somewhere

Posted July 01, 2008 - 09:55 AM

All i have to say is either a turner motorsports perch from motosport or a outlaw perch from pit posse. There like 35 a piece. I know they are not unbreakable but i bought 2 for less than you can buy just about any other perch. Honda style so they have nice leverage. Good bang for the buck. I had great luck with them and am going to purchase a couple more for my new blue steed.

• grayracer513

Posted July 01, 2008 - 11:06 AM

Moose Racing makes unbreakable levers. I think they took over ARC.

Moose makes nothing. Everything they sell is repackaged parts from someone else.

I know they are not unbreakable but i bought 2 for less than you can buy just about any other perch.

I bought my complete ASV C5 pro perch w/hot start for $60 from ASV Refurbs on eBay.

• NC_MX_KID

Posted July 01, 2008 - 01:07 PM

I'd go with the SUNLINE unit, it has what I feel to be the best fit and finish, along with good company support.
just my .02

• 328somewhere

Posted July 01, 2008 - 06:24 PM

Dang that is cheap grayracer i am going to have to look into them.

• Anssi

Posted July 02, 2008 - 01:05 AM

I just installed the Sunline ARC Axis perch and lever. It is nice(up and down play is reduced a lot compared to stock and the perch pivots very nicely with the spring loaded thingies(and is adjustable)), but I still wonder what made me order it at close to $200.

For my use just the lever (and maybe one of them sliding/pivoting brackets for the perch) would've probably been just as good.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.