sorry to do it again guys! last time, i promise!

4 replies to this topic
  • bonez34

Posted February 06, 2001 - 11:16 PM

Dear needle heads,
I have tried going through the old posts and find the right jetting for my bike but every time I do I get a headache from all the nygcyuerbc34726736 if ya know what I mean. Yes, I am asking for the easy out so if you could help me out I would really appreciate it. I have a 2000 WR400, throttle stop trimmed, yz timing, pro circuit exhaust and all of the jetting is stock. I live at sealevel and am looking for year round jetting if possible. I do know that I need to richen it, I think, and the studder/hiccup is from the acc. pump, right? All info on needle-clip-jets-airbox-airscrew is very appreciated. Thank you!!!!!

• Boit

Posted February 07, 2001 - 01:15 PM

Look for James Dean or Clark Mason's posts and then click to see if they have an email address. They are your best resources for help and info concerning the needles. They can give you the correct part #'s also. Yamaha had some errors here.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bonez34

Posted February 07, 2001 - 05:33 PM

i have just read through all the archives-well maybe not all of them-and have come up with some numbers. PLEASE tell me if i am close--
here goes: #48 pilot jet
screw out 1-1.5 turns
stock air jet
ekp jet on #3 clip
#170 main jet

am i close? thanks o jetting gods!

• James_Dean

Posted February 07, 2001 - 07:05 PM

bonez34,

Thats close-

#48 pilot
#100 pilot air
1 turn
EKP#3 (#4 if it hesitates)
#170 main

James

• bonez34

Posted February 07, 2001 - 07:24 PM

what? are you kidding? that was so close i got roosted!! eric gorr eat your heart out! thanks a lot!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.