2006 yz450f: should I switch from powerbomb to megabomb???

3 replies to this topic
  • Justin89

Posted June 26, 2008 - 08:45 PM

Hey guys, I have a 2006 yz450f with a FMF Factory 4.1 exhaust w/ Powerbomb header... but I can get a good deal on a megabomb header. Now my question is: Will I notice a gain in performance over my powerbomb header? Is it worth switching or no? I've read up on the megabomb but just want to see if anybody has some opinions on the two or may have ridden with both headers. Just want to get some advice before I blow my money... Thanks to all that reply! Any info will help...:p :thumbsup:

• Justin89

Posted June 27, 2008 - 05:48 PM

Anybody...:thumbsup: :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted June 27, 2008 - 07:03 PM

I've run them both and personally I like the powerbomb on the 450 more. There really isn't a huge difference between the two, but the powerbomb seemed to give more on top than the megabomb. For me the 450 already has more than enough low end, so the megabomb was overkill. On my 250F I prefer the megabomb.

• Justin89

Posted June 27, 2008 - 09:30 PM

Hmm ...that's interesting. I'm glad to hear from someone who has ran them both. I'm going to be getting some engine work done soon so maybe I'll hold off on the megabomb...I'm still open for comments/suggestions from everyone else.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.