FMF 4.1 Muffler insert?

2 replies to this topic
  • HMMRDWN

Posted June 26, 2008 - 07:22 PM

I have the full FMF 4.1 system on my 08 YZ450F. I noticed there is an insert in the end of the muffler. It looks to only be held in by an allen key. Is there anything to gain by removing it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted June 26, 2008 - 07:30 PM

I have the full FMF 4.1 system on my 08 YZ450F. I noticed there is an insert in the end of the muffler. It looks to only be held in by an allen key. Is there anything to gain by removing it?

Not really, just added noise. You can buy different sized rings that fit in the end, as well as a spark arrestor or quiet core, or you can run it with nothing. I have tried two different sized rings, no ring, and a quiet core and performance wise I like the ring that comes with it, though they really didn't make much of a difference.

• HMMRDWN

Posted June 30, 2008 - 05:26 AM

so I should just leave it alone..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.