Yoshimura tec insert for 03 450?

4 replies to this topic
  • highmark00700

Posted June 25, 2008 - 08:04 PM

I installed the tec insert to my 03 yz 450f and lost all bottom end. My jetting was perfect before insert was installed, and now i cant seem to get it runing right. I have adjusted the low speed fuel screw. Once you get it wound up it will run ok but I just cant seem to get it to run right.The only reason for install is to be USFS compliant! Has any one ever ran one of these?

• VB_Racing

Posted June 27, 2008 - 01:56 PM

I have a TEC insert on my Yosh equipped 03 WR 450, and have not noticed much if any difference with the insert in or out, other than alot more noise. I did jet to the insert however. The WR powercurve is a bit different than the YZ, so I may not be comparing apples to apples. You may have to play with the jetting a bit to compensate for the restriction, or it may just be the nature of the beast. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • highmark00700

Posted June 28, 2008 - 12:20 PM

What circut of jetting did you have to change when you installed you insert? pilot, needle, main,or fuel screw? Thanks for the input!

• VB_Racing

Posted June 29, 2008 - 04:08 AM

On mine, I changed the main and the pilot jet.I changed to a 158 main, and a 52 pilot.( I am at about 500 ft). I also adjusted the fuel screw, but I do that several times a year anyway when the temps change here in WI. Remember, that is on a WR. The same carb as a YZ but it may require slightly different jetting.

• highmark00700

Posted June 29, 2008 - 03:03 PM

I will try changing the main and the pilot. Thanks for the help Dave!

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.