MRD exhaust experience?

11 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted June 25, 2008 - 07:29 PM

I will be placing an order for my MRD exhaust soon. I would like to hear if anyone has any good info about them. I have heard great things but would like to hear some positive things about a system on a 2006-2008 yamaha. :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted June 26, 2008 - 05:22 AM

When I searched this forum for "mrd", I got 97 threads returned. Odd that you weren't able to find any of them.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 26, 2008 - 06:44 AM

Here is what I know about MRD, from my honda CRF buddy
great cust sat and svc.....bar none
good pricing
product works well and is well made. Power increased everywhere
guaranty that will give you your $$$ back if you are not happy
Dave at MRD will do anything to keep you as a customer including offering a trade up on his pipes from one bike to any other....something no one else in the pipe business does period.:thumbsup:

I would try it :p

• MRD RACING

Posted June 26, 2008 - 07:14 AM

Here is what I know about MRD, from my honda CRF buddy
great cust sat and svc.....bar none
good pricing
product works well and is well made. Power increased everywhere
guaranty that will give you your $$$ back if you are not happy
Dave at MRD will do anything to keep you as a customer including offering a trade up on his pipes from one bike to any other....something no one else in the pipe business does period.:thumbsup:

I would try it :p

thanks allot for passing on info on my stuff :cry: I need to clear up some things though , one way or another some guys must have exagerated what Im able to do , witch is fix pipes free if they fail or get broken in a crash , sorry I cant buy back used pipes , but I allways give a discount to guys that get a new bike and need a second pipe :p

• kyle450rider

Posted June 26, 2008 - 08:17 AM

sorry for asking. I'll use the search next time.

• kyle450rider

Posted June 26, 2008 - 08:18 AM

I sent my order into MRD. Excited about what they have to say.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted June 26, 2008 - 08:19 AM

When I searched this forum for "mrd", I got 97 threads returned. Odd that you weren't able to find any of them.

I was just hoping to hear some good things from people with these years of bikes with the MRD system.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 26, 2008 - 10:20 AM

thanks allot for passing on info on my stuff :thumbsup: I need to clear up some things though , one way or another some guys must have exagerated what Im able to do , witch is fix pipes free if they fail or get broken in a crash , sorry I cant buy back used pipes , but I allways give a discount to guys that get a new bike and need a second pipe :p

Dave thanks for clearing that up.....we know how those CRF owners exaggerate. :p
Curious what gains you are seeing on YZF450 ie...low to mid /mid to high or across entire RPM range? Is there more than 1 version? ie...shorter cannister/longer header or vice versa :cry:

thanks

David

• sandrappy

Posted June 26, 2008 - 11:25 AM

I would also like to know some power increaes you have seen over stock exhausts. I know the 08 sucked but the 06 seems like a good system and i was wondering how big of an increase their will be in hp, and where in the rpm range the gains will be.

Currently i have a 97mm bore and +3mm crank (490cc's) CP piston at about 13.5:1 CR and ported head. I'm thinking the stock exhaust is holding me back (even though i have modified it) but not sure how much I would gain from an exhaust system. Seems like they don't tune then and change head pipe diameters etc like in the ATV world.

• MRD RACING

Posted June 26, 2008 - 01:55 PM

I would also like to know some power increaes you have seen over stock exhausts. I know the 08 sucked but the 06 seems like a good system and i was wondering how big of an increase their will be in hp, and where in the rpm range the gains will be.

Currently i have a 97mm bore and +3mm crank (490cc's) CP piston at about 13.5:1 CR and ported head. I'm thinking the stock exhaust is holding me back (even though i have modified it) but not sure how much I would gain from an exhaust system. Seems like they don't tune then and change head pipe diameters etc like in the ATV world.

good post :thumbsup: MRD-RACING builds custom pipes with large dia. headers for big cc 2 wheelers like DASA and some of the quad pipe guys , your setup would benifit from such a pipe :p

• MRD RACING

Posted June 26, 2008 - 05:10 PM

Dave thanks for clearing that up.....we know how those CRF owners exaggerate. :cry:
Curious what gains you are seeing on YZF450 ie...low to mid /mid to high or across entire RPM range? Is there more than 1 version? ie...shorter cannister/longer header or vice versa :p

thanks

David

lol....... , the stock pipes up to 07 are pretty good peak power wise, but you can still get decent gains low/ mid or mid/top , you can realy feel the low/ mid spec. and its the most popular , the mid/top is best for SUPERMOTO, both pipes are the same length , the tuning is done with different dia. tube combinations :thumbsup:

• ThumperKid250F

Posted June 27, 2008 - 08:01 PM

lol....... , the stock pipes up to 07 are pretty good peak power wise, but you can still get decent gains low/ mid or mid/top , you can realy feel the low/ mid spec. and its the most popular , the mid/top is best for SUPERMOTO, both pipes are the same length , the tuning is done with different dia. tube combinations :thumbsup:

whats the biggest Dia tubeing you put on a bike lets say for flattrack, iceracing or supermoto.. also would you beable to make the muffler short? but still get the same power..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.