Grey Wire Mod??

5 replies to this topic
  • ogrebelle

Posted December 06, 2002 - 02:26 PM

I've got a 2000 WR400 YZ-timed, no airbox lid ,exhaust baffle removed, and throttle restriction removed. Otherwise, stone stock. I've never heard of the "grey wire" mod outside of this forum...what is it, why do you do it, and what does it do for you? Is it a real "mod" or is it something people do just because they've been told to? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for cheap and easy power but I'm not into black-magic.

Taffy: I'm intrigued by your Taffy Timing, nice work. Hmmm, that might be something to look into this winter.
Ogrebelle

• tctrailrider

Posted December 06, 2002 - 02:49 PM

Its a real mod, the gray wire changes the timing on high RPM. Search using "gray wire". One of the posts will take you to a web site that explains it completely.

• ogrebelle

Posted December 09, 2002 - 02:05 PM

Thanks tctrailrider!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tctrailrider

Posted December 10, 2002 - 07:00 AM

Here's the site you want
www.garlic.com/~rakienle/wr250f_home.htm
This is for the WR250 but the mods are the same

• tctrailrider

Posted December 10, 2002 - 07:03 AM

http://www.garlic.co...wr250f_home.htm

• WR4FUN

Posted December 10, 2002 - 05:04 PM

Keep in mind that if you've got a Canadian model the gray wire mod is null...there isn't one. Which is to say your one step ahead of the "detuned" game.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.