wimpy crash, bent the rad :(

6 replies to this topic
  • wartsnuff

Posted June 24, 2008 - 08:00 AM

Hey Guys,

well just installed the rad guards.... although i am pretty disappointed.

i am pretty reasonable guy, i was going all of 5-6 km's per hour.. 2-4mph

and just fell over...

the rad guard bent horribly and in turn bent the rad....

i was barely moving... never thought in a million years there would be any

damage...

no leak at least... i was able to drive home.

now i have to straited all the bent metal.. not sure the rad guards are worth

the cash!

just an opinion

cheers
Warts

• STECKNINE

Posted June 24, 2008 - 08:15 AM

What kind of guards did you bend?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 24, 2008 - 08:17 AM

Which guards do you have? If you have the works connection guards, then its like having nothing.

Get the Flatlands or the Unabikers. I put my bike though some very heavy abuse with no issues at all with the flatlands.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wartsnuff

Posted June 25, 2008 - 09:02 AM

Which guards do you have? If you have the works connection guards, then its like having nothing.

Get the Flatlands or the Unabikers. I put my bike though some very heavy abuse with no issues at all with the flatlands.

they were unabikers brand ...

cheers
Warts

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 25, 2008 - 10:55 AM

It was probably just a freak thing. I have done more damage in low speed tipovers that I have ever done in five times as many high speed crashes.

The unabiker guards are top notch, as are the flatlands which I have. If it couldn't save your radiator, then it wasn't save-able.

• honeycutt

Posted June 25, 2008 - 04:48 PM

I have the Works Connection radiator cages on my 07 wr450 and they are awesome. No real protection from anything coming in the front, such as tree branches, but they have survived several get offs in the rocks! Good stuff!

• mikeythefokker

Posted June 25, 2008 - 08:01 PM

If I bend my radiators again, I'm going to go with a set of the big beautiful fliudyne bastards. They literally are cooler.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.