She lives!!!

7 replies to this topic
  • matt4x4

Posted June 24, 2008 - 05:28 AM

Got all the remaining parts Friday, she breathed life Saturday - runs excellent and I still have all 5 gears - tranny up rebuild.
Some pics before I got her filthy on her first flight.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Frostbite

Posted June 24, 2008 - 05:45 AM

Got all the remaining parts Friday, she breathed life Saturday - runs excellent and I still have all 5 gears - tranny up rebuild.

Looking good Matt!

I finally started bolting my 400 together. Hope to have it on the road by the weekend.

• 06crf_er

Posted June 24, 2008 - 06:21 AM

Looking good Matt!

I finally started bolting my 400 together. Hope to have it on the road by the weekend.

Still making a good sale on the 400? Last I remeber you had a buyer lined up for a sweet deal:thumbsup:

• byggd

Posted June 24, 2008 - 06:58 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sweeeeeet :thumbsup: Let us know how she does! :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frostbite

Posted June 24, 2008 - 07:08 AM

Still making a good sale on the 400? Last I remeber you had a buyer lined up for a sweet deal:thumbsup:

I had an offer of 5k on Sunday, that was my incentive to get crackin' and get it finished. Needless to say, bikes up here are worth a little more.

• STECKNINE

Posted June 24, 2008 - 08:08 AM

The blue frame bike is clean! Is that your lucky number too?Posted Image

• matt4x4

Posted June 24, 2008 - 09:54 AM

Since the shrapnel overhaul, this thing is crazy - I dropped to a 13 on the front which is the likely cause, new bearings all around, new output shaft, new oil pump, new 2 and 3 gears new rings, honed cylinder, shimmed the valves. started on 5th kick, since then first every time, and runs like a scalded ape - it just flat out rips, definitely even bigger grin factor and it wasn't lacking any prior.

Stecknine - my number came about because of my kid - he originally wanted 24, had the stickers couldn't get the number - got 46 - so I had to buy a 6, different style, so I bought 46, was left with 24 (42) so they gave me 420.

Thanks about the clean comment - I refinished it over the winter, sprucing it up, then blew a bearing in May so I overhauled the motor /tranny - pretty much a new bike now for about 3g's total.

Frosty - glad to hear the infamous 400 from the very north is going to be rocking it again! I always wanted your graphics on that but couldn't find them anywhere.

• Frostbite

Posted June 24, 2008 - 01:03 PM

Frosty - glad to hear the infamous 400 from the very north is going to be rocking it again! I always wanted your graphics on that but couldn't find them anywhere.

Hey Matt

I couldn't find them this time either, (to replace the burnt parts) so I had to change the look. If I was keeping it I would try to find the yellow graphcs again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.