WR400 with carb off WR426/450 - will it work?

4 replies to this topic
  • KevB

Posted June 24, 2008 - 01:53 AM

Hi all,
I have a '99 WR400F with the Keihin carb that still has the AP linkage outside the carb chasis. In doing some routine maintenance, I noticed that the slide plate was cracked :p (luckily before it failed...). so now I want to know if a newer model carb can just be bolted on or do I have to stick with the one I have and get it repaired?

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

• KevB

Posted June 25, 2008 - 12:25 AM

Just bumping it to the top to get more attention.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • turbohead

Posted June 25, 2008 - 11:53 AM

The newer carb works great, but an Edelbrock is even better for your bike.

• KevB

Posted June 26, 2008 - 01:48 AM

Thanks for the confirmation... I presume Edelbrock is a "special order" from the USA...

• turbohead

Posted June 26, 2008 - 03:20 AM

Yes, it is. But there are a few around in Europe as well if you look for a used carb. Otherwise, order from the US (it'll transform your bike in general and everything you know about starting it in particular).

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.