Will Other Years Plastics Fit 02 WR 400?

4 replies to this topic
  • chambers

Posted June 24, 2008 - 01:14 AM

Pretty much as the title. As they changed the WR to a 426 in 02 I am having problems finding plastics to fit the 02 400, will any of the earlier or later years fit without any problems?

• KevB

Posted June 24, 2008 - 04:34 AM

From my limited experience, you should be OK with 426 plastics... not 450 though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frostbite

Posted June 24, 2008 - 05:13 AM

Pretty much as the title. As they changed the WR to a 426 in 02 I am having problems finding plastics to fit the 02 400, will any of the earlier or later years fit without any problems?

The front fender of my 99 WR 400 is identical to the fender on my 07 WR 450, except for the faded color.

• matt4x4

Posted June 24, 2008 - 05:24 AM

plastics will work from 98 to 02 interchangeably.
There is only one difference and that is on rad shrouds - some years have the bolt go through the plastic at the front lower corner at right angles to the plastic, where others the bolt goes through at a 45.
See pic below - plastic is molded for 45, but bolt goes through at 90 - still works.
You can also use YZF plastics, front fender is the same, rear fender needs a small corner dremelled out inside for the WR exhaust pipe to fit through.

45 degree molded plastic with 90 degree bolt:

Posted Image

Look just above the mudflap on the right side (straight up from shock) - that corner had to be dremelled off on my YZF fender:

Posted Image

• chambers

Posted June 24, 2008 - 08:21 AM

Thanks mate, will get some ordered this weeked

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.