Will there ever be an elec. start YZ??

4 replies to this topic
  • Summit

Posted June 22, 2008 - 03:36 PM

Do you think Yamaha will ever put an electric start on a YZF? I want to make a trail/woods bike out of a YZF some day but I sure love my WR's electric starter. Don't care about the lights or odometer or any other WR stuff. I'd love a fuel injected, elec. start YZf 450....yeah baby!!!

• peteandhisn3phew

Posted June 22, 2008 - 03:38 PM

They are race bikes i highly doubt it, espcially with weight issues and all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted June 22, 2008 - 05:03 PM

They are race bikes i highly doubt it, espcially with weight issues and all.

KTM did it and they didn't gain any weight. Yamaha could do it, but I don't see it happening.

• yzfjbw323

Posted June 22, 2008 - 05:39 PM

I thought there where rumors of a e-start, but rather than a battery it used a condensor to store power to run the starter? I thought it said the condensor could not hold alot of power so if the bike did not start within a couple of cranks you would be kickin it. Oh and since it did not have a battery the first start of the day had to be from a kick. I am not smart of enough to think of this on my own so I had to have heard it here.

• fritzelman

Posted June 23, 2008 - 07:49 PM

Yea, its called a WR:)

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.