'08 Scotts stabilizer tower - Pics

26 replies to this topic
  • KAS

Posted June 30, 2008 - 07:17 AM

I've been using a Scott's damper since 2003. Yes, they make a big difference.

If you've just purchased one and don't notice a difference, try this. Go on several rides with it. Then try taking it off and riding without it some day. Then you'll see the difference it makes.

• grayracer513

Posted June 30, 2008 - 07:51 AM

One of the great things you will notice about the Scotts damper is that you don't notice it.

It's not in the way, it's operation won't interfere with you at all. After about 4 times out with it, you might notice that you are more relaxed. You may notice that, yes, the wheel still digs and pulls at the ruts in the sand washes, but the wiggle never gets amplified like it used to. You may notice that, yes, hitting square edged ruts or holes at an angle, or smacking a rock of center still kicks the wheel over, but now when it lands, it just straightens up without the fierce "tank slapper" thing it used to do. Then again, maybe you won't notice it. That's the beauty of it.

But, like KAS says, just unbolt it and ride without it again after 4-5 rides with it. You won't be gone long. :thumbsup:

• vinilla gorilla

Posted June 30, 2008 - 06:34 PM

Sounds like something I might be interested investing in.

knucklehead- I always feel like a gorilla (see user name)

Windseeker- Thanks man, I like yours to. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim813

Posted June 30, 2008 - 09:37 PM

Finally got mine on Saturday! Installed and tested it on mx track on Sunday. :p

I know it makes huge difference on stony (realy stony) tracks or nose diving in dunes (fun trail adv etc riding, enduros) - but I didn't get into the situation to check it on a smooth mx track...

Can any mx riders share how they find damper useful? :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

On an MX track, braking bumps could be made less frightful with a damper, or in whoops, all kinds. Eh, maybe it just looks good and is better money spent than on anodized timing cover plugs and constant graphis changes:thumbsup:

• salasmauricio

Posted November 23, 2008 - 07:35 AM

I just installed the submount kit on my 08 YZ, as we all know the bar raised a little bit, do I have to change anything on the back of my bike? (raise the shock or anything?), or should I leave it the way it was?

Thanks

• Kasjok

Posted November 23, 2008 - 08:51 AM

You can`t rise your shock. However if the handlebars feel to be too high now, you might try using bars with lower bend.

• gtxkid

Posted November 23, 2008 - 10:30 AM

Hmmmm
I wonder if thr DR.D Hour Meter bracket will fit in there.
That would look cool.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.