Anyone know of a good company to ship my WR through?

7 replies to this topic
  • 2000WR400

Posted February 06, 2001 - 03:45 PM

I have to ship my bike cross country and am looking for the best and cheapest way to do it, Crated or uncrated. Anyone know of any companies? I have only looked at Shippingmasters.com

• MN_Kevin

Posted February 06, 2001 - 03:57 PM

www.forwardair.com

ROUND trip from Boston to Denver was ~$450 including $5K worth of insurance.

You must FULLY enclose it. I made a pallet for mine and added a cover and sides.

• Bill

Posted February 06, 2001 - 04:19 PM

I saw at dirtrider.net.....sorry guys, that someone used Forward Air from Pittsburg to LA for $77.63. Seems awfully cheap and considerably more than what Kevin paid???

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• robman

Posted February 06, 2001 - 05:06 PM

I shipped one with forward air from northwest alabama to nebraska for a hundred and fourty something dollars.
I went to the yamaha shop and got a crate that a street bike came in with cardboard and all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TW

Posted February 06, 2001 - 05:29 PM

robman! would that have been a TTR 250 to Jack H?

------------------
99 WR400
BRC
NOHVA
AMA

• robman

Posted February 06, 2001 - 05:41 PM

YEP!

• SFO

Posted February 08, 2001 - 08:18 PM

I think if you are an ama member you can ship a bike anywhere in the continental us for cheap.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 12, 2001 - 11:39 AM

hey, any luck with shipping your bike?
I have to get mine from ireland to australia, do you know of any companies that would ship internationaly?
thanks,bigzukes@hotmail.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.