BK Mod Candidate

1 reply to this topic
  • crotchrocket

Posted May 22, 2002 - 11:10 AM

Is there really a need for the BK Mod on a 2002? I am mechanically inclined, but I really have second thoughts about drilling into an 800 dollar carb! I also want to be able to totally return the bike to stock when I get ready to sell it! I hate it when I buy someone else's bike that they have put all sorts of custom modifications on! I have also found that resale value is better with bolt on products rather than permanent, homemade mods. This is why I am thinking about the P-38 Lightning. Any comments? Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted May 22, 2002 - 12:43 PM

you want the smallest spit of fuel you can adjust. so little that the "bellows" of the system have a job clearing their lungs. just a spit :) ok?

if you ask here someone will actually tell you what it delivers. whilst i believe it's less than of old i believe that it's still substantial.

if you do long rides with no fuel stations or enduro races where you have the energy to ride three hours without a stop this is a must.

i did a three hour straight last season and came 8/108 on 15/48 gearing. a few fast straights otherwise gears 1, 2 and 3 only.

did the three hours and had about 1/2 gallon left.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.