Can I make my FMF Factory 4 as Quiet as A Q pipe?

2 replies to this topic
  • 04WR450man

Posted June 20, 2008 - 04:53 AM

Hi everyone :p

I have a full FMF Factory 4 system on my WR450 with the 99/98DB insert but its far to loud for trail riding.

Is there a baffle/ Insert I can buy to make it as quiet as my friends FMF Q pipe?

I have put the standard stainless UK can back back on and it saps loads of power :thumbsup:

Many thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • waterman7474

Posted June 20, 2008 - 05:42 AM

i'd like to know the same thing!!

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 20, 2008 - 06:52 AM

I have the factory 4 pipe... Its obnoxious, isn't it? The quite core inserts turn it from obnixious to just too loud". I even bought the 96db insert and the best I could do was a 98db

I think that "too loud" is the best you are going to get. but it makes a ton of extra power all over the place, doesn't it.

I race and get tested. I ended up getting a stock pipe real cheap and put the pmb insert into it. Total bill: $100

I can now change to the quiet setup when I need it in less than 5 min.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.