06 WR450 - displaying the odometer (not tripmeter)

16 replies to this topic
  • trader20

Posted June 19, 2008 - 08:39 PM

How can I display the odometer reading (non-resettable total miles) instead of the A/B tripmeters? The 06 WR450 manual indicates that there is an "odometer" (I presume non-resettable) in addition to A/B tripmeters. page 1-16 of the manual shows that in basic mode, by pushing SLCT2 repeatedly, you cycle through "Odometer->Trip A->Trip B->Trip A->Odometer". However, when I repeatedly push SLCT2, the display just alternates between Trip A and Trip B. I cannot get the unit to display the non-resettable total miles odometer.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

• andybetts

Posted August 18, 2008 - 12:47 AM

Did you come up with any answer for this problem? I have got the same thing going on with my 06...

• tweav

Posted August 18, 2008 - 03:24 AM

I know for a fact there is no odometer on a US model wr . that is why I threw out my stock unit out . a major strike out for yamaha :) :D :worthy: .I mean how stupid are they . As far as I know it's only on the aussie bikes and maybe the europe one too.
if you check the overseas parts books , think there are 3 differant part # s for the od

• markvfr

Posted August 18, 2008 - 07:38 AM

I have an odometer on my Canadian 06. It goes: Trip A, Trip B, Odometer. :)

• mightymart

Posted August 19, 2008 - 01:15 AM

UK models have odometer to.

• andybetts

Posted August 20, 2008 - 03:42 AM

My 06 is a US model, and it was definitely showng an odometer reading... I ran it up to 1000km (I used trip meters for fill ups) then did the free mods and couldn't get the odometer back!!!! maybe it has something to do with disconnecting the Grey wire?????

• markvfr

Posted August 20, 2008 - 11:20 AM

My 06 is a US model, and it was definitely showng an odometer reading... I ran it up to 1000km (I used trip meters for fill ups) then did the free mods and couldn't get the odometer back!!!! maybe it has something to do with disconnecting the Grey wire?????

I have my grey wire disconnected and didn't do anything to the computer. I know the new generation 07-on don't have an odometer function but I thought all the 06's did.

• tarbash29

Posted August 20, 2008 - 11:57 AM

my 06 has it for sure. speedometer is working though, need to take a look to see why. anyone have any thoughts on that?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted August 20, 2008 - 01:04 PM

I know the new generation 07-on don't have an odometer function but I thought all the 06's did.

the 06 and o7 have the same part # here in the USA . there is no odometer on them. I'm 100% sure of it. I spent 3 weeks researching it a year ago . That is why my dash looks like this.

Posted Image

• wartsnuff

Posted August 20, 2008 - 01:09 PM

well i know the cnd bike 08 has trip a > trip B > odometer

i would think if there is a trip there is a odometer. doesn't make sense!

cheers
Warts

• markvfr

Posted August 20, 2008 - 02:37 PM

the 06 and o7 have the same part # here in the USA . there is no odometer on them. I'm 100% sure of it. I spent 3 weeks researching it a year ago . That is why my dash looks like this.

Its strange that people in this thread among other older threads on this subject report 06 US spec bikes with odometers and some without. And then there is people with odometers that dissappear mysteriously which leads me to question the quality of the speedo and that maybe some of them are faulty? :thumbsup:

• tweav

Posted August 20, 2008 - 03:23 PM

well I'm not sure that they were really seeing a odo or just trip b . If they are seeing a odo reading I'd really like to see a pic for proof with a reading above 1001 miles on it . As far as ,the how good a yamaha speedo is , know mine was way off on top speed , on the note of 17 mph . I never ran mine long enough to have it fail .

• mightymart

Posted August 21, 2008 - 07:28 AM

Posted Image
This is trip A that I use for Petrol fill ups (Use like a petrol gauge, reach 55 miles & start looking for a petrol station !)
Posted Image
Trip B I use for oil changes.
Posted Image
The odometer that I wish I could reset before the first mot is due :thumbsup:

• markvfr

Posted August 21, 2008 - 08:20 AM

well I'm not sure that they were really seeing a odo or just trip b . If they are seeing a odo reading I'd really like to see a pic for proof with a reading above 1001 miles on it . As far as ,the how good a yamaha speedo is , know mine was way off on top speed , on the note of 17 mph . I never ran mine long enough to have it fail .

Good point on the Trip B mistake. It sure sounds like it from one of the posts earlier in this thread. So, European, Australian and Canadian bikes all have the odo but US don't. Thats just facked.

• dockster

Posted September 17, 2008 - 12:54 PM

I have a 06 wr450 and the previous owner had it california plated and it still had a green sticker. Now that I am trying to register it the DMV is saying they want to see the odometer.
Any ideas?

• tweav

Posted September 17, 2008 - 01:21 PM

just run some miles onto trip b and show it to them . or install a vapor or somthing like a vapor. you can program a vapor to show any mileage you'd like so it can have you real total miles if you would like it to.

• tweav

Posted September 17, 2008 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image
This is trip A that I use for Petrol fill ups (Use like a petrol gauge, reach 55 miles & start looking for a petrol station !)
Posted Image
Trip B I use for oil changes.
Posted Image
The odometer that I wish I could reset before the first mot is due :excuseme:

that's not a US model bike . I want to someone with one here that works

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.