Frame Problems

6 replies to this topic
  • bhsballer76

Posted June 19, 2008 - 01:08 PM

I have been tearing in to my 426 thepast two days hoping to paint the frame and frshen up andthing that was worn out or looed bad.Today I got to the fame and noticed it has a pretty bad dent in it. I dont know when it happened but i was wondering if you guys think this will be a problem in the future.? Here are some pics of the frame and of my progress so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Ga426owner

Posted June 20, 2008 - 03:52 AM

I am not sure if this can be fixed??? Any welders out there want to chime in?

- but I would check with yamaha to see if a new frame is available or ebay for a used but not bent frame

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2008 - 06:03 AM

The frame isn't heavily loaded in that area, so it's not really a huge problem, but the simplest fix would be to overlay a half-round piece of steel on the bad spot. Have it done by a good fabricator with TIG skills.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bhsballer76

Posted June 20, 2008 - 06:14 AM

ok. Thanks for the input.

• FriscoKLR

Posted June 20, 2008 - 10:08 AM

Check ebay. There's usually a couple frames from varies years on there and cheaper than getting it welded.

• bhsballer76

Posted June 20, 2008 - 03:52 PM

yea, i might try that out. ANy 426 frame will fit right???

• urgreathero

Posted June 20, 2008 - 04:54 PM

ya perdy much, wotn take much to weld it, even if u just ben the metal and spot weld it, its not heavly stressed. ne one wit the littlest knowledge on welding could do it, just dont stick weld it, lol use mig or tig

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.