scotts damper stock 05 450f w/vapor trail tech

3 replies to this topic
  • knucklehead

Posted June 19, 2008 - 11:34 AM

i know there are tons of post regarding the scotts damper on the wr 450f 2005 -i think ive read them all. what i want to know from you guys is if you have a pic or description of a scott damper with a vapor trail tech with the top mount protector and the scotts with a "reverse mount" on stock bars and triple clamp.
i really dont want to buy new bars b/c i have the ATK bar inserts in my stock bars and i would have to reorder them again and i just bought them a month ago. i would rather just bend the crossbar and remove the pad.
if you need more information please let me know.

thanks - Jerry

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 19, 2008 - 02:46 PM

I have scotts mounted on both my bike.

The wr450 has the scotts triple as well as the scotts bar clamp

The yz250 has the scotts bar clamp only. But I had to turn the damper around.

The important thing for the scotts is that you MUST get the scotts mount tack welded because the pinch bolts will not hold it properly. The first time you crash, that scotts collar will be loose and thus worthless to you.

here are a couple of pics

YZ250 (stock triple, scotts bar clamp, endurance computer)

Posted Image

WR450 (scotts triple, scotts bar clamp, endurance computer)
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • knucklehead

Posted June 23, 2008 - 10:04 AM

I have scotts mounted on both my bike.

The wr450 has the scotts triple as well as the scotts bar clamp

The yz250 has the scotts bar clamp only. But I had to turn the damper around.

The important thing for the scotts is that you MUST get the scotts mount tack welded because the pinch bolts will not hold it properly. The first time you crash, that scotts collar will be loose and thus worthless to you.

here are a couple of pics

YZ250 (stock triple, scotts bar clamp, endurance computer)

Posted Image

WR450 (scotts triple, scotts bar clamp, endurance computer)
Posted Image

so did you get the "Weld-On Stabilizer kit complete" or the normal kit and have it welded?

thanks.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 23, 2008 - 06:36 PM

I got the normal kit that goes around the top of the steering tube and tried the pinch bolts that come with it.

A couple of good crashes (many of those in fact) and that thing kept coming loose. Nothing is worse than being on a ride and needing the stabilizer and the F***ing clamp comes loose making the stabilizer worthless.

Do youself a favor, get the weld on kit and have a bike shop charge you $25 bucks to weld it on. Besides, it will take you some time to take off your top clamp to put on the other one that just doesn't work.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.