SEALSAVERS RULE!!!

24 replies to this topic
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted May 22, 2002 - 07:25 AM

Milkman, you are to be commended. I purchased my (Long Blue) sealsavers last week. One of the absolute best investment's I have made in years. I was getting tired of having to clean out my seals after every ride because of sand getting wedged between the rubber.

I took ol blue out for a severe mud torture test this past Sunday. Afterwards I washed the bike and raised the skirt on the seals to take a peek...Hmmm no dirt...So then I dropped the dust covers....Man....Clean as a whistle....No leaks anywhere.

And the Blue matches the tank and fenders perfectly. They also sent me a set of large Trailer Logo decals, so that I could advertise the product. I'm sold, I'll never have another bike without them again...

Thanks Darin,

Bonzai :)

• armourbl

Posted May 22, 2002 - 07:56 AM

Yama,

do you have a link?

ben

• Joel_Gibson

Posted May 22, 2002 - 08:43 AM

I second what Yamakaze said! I put on a pair a couple weeks ago. Thanks for the info Darin.

• mcarp

Posted May 22, 2002 - 08:46 AM

Dude, I've been preaching about these for years..

I love my NOJ fork seal protectors! Never leaked a drop of oil in 2/5 years!

These are gotta-haves in my book!

• Ga426owner

Posted May 22, 2002 - 08:56 AM

Bonzai, you are killing me............ :)

• MOmilkman

Posted May 22, 2002 - 09:08 PM

Excellent!
Glad you guys like them. I really do too. Ill send a link from this thread to Sealsavers. The guy I talked to when I bought mine seemed really nice and Im sure he would like to hear the positive feedback.
Plus I think they are priced very reasonably compared to other bike parts.

armourbl - www.sealsavers.com

• Dodger

Posted May 22, 2002 - 10:24 AM

Installed mine last Friday night, fit and finish supurb!! Functionallity, A+++, not a lick of crap past them.

Dodger :) :D

• Fryboy

Posted May 22, 2002 - 01:24 PM

What is the diameter of the 2002 forks ?? 1 1/2" or 1 3/4"

• fiveoh141

Posted May 22, 2002 - 01:25 PM

I also have the long blue ones. I haven't installed them yet. Still trying to get up to courage to start taking things apart. They look great sitting on the shelf though. Maybe this weekend.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted May 22, 2002 - 01:34 PM

Long or short?

nevermind - i guess i should learn to read.

[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: Ron in SoCal ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted May 22, 2002 - 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Fryboy:
What is the diameter of the 2002 forks ?? 1 1/2" or 1 3/4"

My 99 forks are 46mm and they guy from sealsavers told me to get the 1 3/4".

Im sure your forks are the same.

• freestyle111

Posted May 23, 2002 - 09:12 PM

i just ordered a set.how do they go on?do they just slide down top of tube or do i have to pull fork slides apart?i cant believe i finally ordered these things. ive probably saw there ad and said to myself i need to order some, at least 20 times in the past year.i just didnt have access to phone or computer and would forget all about until next time i saw there ad.thanks for the reminder yamakaze.i went straight to there website as soon as i saw your post and ordered a set

• MOmilkman

Posted May 23, 2002 - 10:15 AM

freestyle111, They just slide down over the top. Pull your forks out of the clamps and slide them over.
I think their cheap enough I should have ordered 2 or 3 pairs in case I crash and rip the neoprene on a rock or something.

• freestyle111

Posted May 23, 2002 - 02:16 PM

if i order 2 pairs one of my buddys will steal my extra set.plus if i crash and rip neoprene i'll mostly like need a new fork tube. if that were to happen i might just part bike out on TT.what do you think i could sell a used set of sealsavers for on tt.$49?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 23, 2002 - 02:26 PM

Thanks guys!!!! Im next. Im ordering mine tomorrow. Im on my 4th set of seals. Im sure this will help.

DL :)

• bryan53

Posted May 23, 2002 - 03:59 PM

hey,bill this is bryan hey are you going riding this weekend becuase i might be able to go my parents might actually let me well reply back if so. :)

• Jekel

Posted May 23, 2002 - 04:03 PM

Met Darin this week, nice guy. Got a set of savers and going to put them on this weekend. hope no one has to replace a fork leg. I did :) $300 for the outer tube.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted May 24, 2002 - 01:27 AM

Bryan,

Check your Personal Messages, Look under "Profile" at the top of the page....

Bonzai :)

• MOmilkman

Posted May 24, 2002 - 06:32 AM

Hey Jekel, Hope every fit up good on the TTR with the sharkfin.

Im such an idiot. I pull right up next to you in the parking lot (not knowing what you look like) and your wearing a Yamaha hat. I look at you and say "Are you here for the sharkfin?"

Sometimes I amaze myself. *L*

[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: MOmilkman ]

• Jekel

Posted May 24, 2002 - 04:06 PM

I am going to try it in the am. Will tell you the results. Lucky I saw the FMF sticker on your window :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.