cam mount broke

3 replies to this topic
  • allthrillzz400f

Posted June 18, 2008 - 09:43 PM

I was out riding today and had strange noise in top end in my yz400f i removed the valve cover and the exhaust cam bracket was broke in half. any one else experiance this? Where can i find a replacement bracket?

• Birdy426

Posted June 18, 2008 - 09:56 PM

Do you mean the cam cap? If so, that's part of the head and is machined as a set. Some place like Engine Dynamics might be able torepair or get a replacement cap and machine it to match...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2008 - 05:43 AM

That's accurate. The part you are called the bracke or mount is the cam cap. It forms the top half of the cam bore, and is only available as part of the head assembly. Buy a used head for a 400 or try Engine Dynamics

• allthrillzz400f

Posted June 19, 2008 - 07:03 PM

i found a used head with all good components so maybe i'll still have some luck fixing my bike to sell it after all.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.