Noisy fork springs 07 WR450

4 replies to this topic
  • mlynn450

Posted June 18, 2008 - 06:40 PM

Hey everyone. I replaced the fork seals and sliders on both sides. One was leaking and I couldn't get it to stop. Everything went back together nicely I double checked everything while following the manual. I noticed when setting the axle that you can hear the springs clang a little . I've never noticed this before, but I never was paying attention till now either. Is this normal? Thanks for any input.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 18, 2008 - 09:50 PM

Hey everyone. I replaced the fork seals and sliders on both sides. One was leaking and I couldn't get it to stop. Everything went back together nicely I double checked everything while following the manual. I noticed when setting the axle that you can hear the springs clang a little . I've never noticed this before, but I never was paying attention till now either. Is this normal? Thanks for any input.

if i take my hand and light tap the side of the fork i can hear the spring on my bike...the first time i heard that i was like *** so i went over to my dads bike (same) and his did the same thing...both bikes work great so i assume this is normal but heck i could be wrong:applause: hope this helps!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mlynn450

Posted June 19, 2008 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for that. I think its probably normal I'm a little paranoid about it as I have never taken forks apart before.

• STECKNINE

Posted June 20, 2008 - 06:54 AM

My 08 forks did the same thing! I ride mostly desert with, a lot of whoops. I had my stock forks set as stiff as you could go. Any time I sunk the front wheel hard I could hear them squeaking bad. I would say it is normal but, I needed more fork so, I put on a pair of 07 YZ forks. Praise the lord!:thumbsup:

• SmobySport

Posted June 20, 2008 - 09:51 PM

I hear that same exact cling from the springs and it was driving me crazy for a bit trying to figure out where it was coming from. I want to say it is normal cause the bike is out of warranty now and I already put to much money into it :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.