weird thing but it almost broke my wrist ,i love it

6 replies to this topic
  • enriquefromhonduras

Posted May 22, 2002 - 06:46 AM

I owned a wr 400f 99 model from the first day and
I changed to yz timing ,i sold the bike and was looking for a two stroke but no way i am 4 stroker,now here is the comparison when exiting the curves with yz timing the bike didnt spinned that much but damn in technical stuff it did stalled a lot i really hated that,thats why i sold the bike .
Now heres the other story i bought a wr 400f 98
model with wr timing damn man i should of never
put my other bike to yz timing i love wr timing
it never stalls in technical terrain but the only thing you all should be carefull is exiting curves at high speed it overspins so much maybee its because of the torque down low and has power
no way im not going back to yz mode ever!!!
thats why i posted this topic cause racing with my other friends and trying to catch my little brother i slammed a curve and the bike fanned me so be careful hopefully its just a little crack in my left hand little finger .
be honest with yourself are you enduro or motocrosser decide and then prepare your bike dont fool yourself preparing a bike that wont work in what you are going to be doing 80%.
just my opinion.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 22, 2002 - 06:55 AM

And your Point IS :)

Man did you write that all in one breath

• enriquefromhonduras

Posted May 22, 2002 - 07:09 AM

honesty ,my point is that why bother converting
an enduro bike for motocross thats what i was trying to do and the bike just didnt work in the technical terrain its okay to style it like a motocrosser not mechanically.

best regards

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted May 22, 2002 - 07:12 AM

Now I'm Confused.....I hate it when that happens..

Bonzai :)

• S_Phillips

Posted May 22, 2002 - 08:22 AM

surely there's a middle of the road.

Honestly though my 02 426 takes the turns better
then my 92 cr250 I know there 10 years there
maybe that's the diff

Sadly me or the wr has got to get better with the mx jumps :)

• blue_beast_wins

Posted May 23, 2002 - 04:47 PM

Sounds like you didin't know there is more to it than just yz timing.

• XR6's_rule

Posted May 24, 2002 - 12:08 AM

s phillips- Stranger things have happened. Get this, my XR6 turns quicker than my WR4!! But Wr4 is better because the suspension and weight is better. Damn! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.