YZ426 - Plating. Good idea for my deal?

5 replies to this topic
  • kz2zx

Posted June 18, 2008 - 11:45 AM

(Earlier text snipped)

Looks like I bought a 2000 YZ-F, and I'm going to plate it.

Goody - more research and more stuff to work on!

• kz2zx

Posted June 19, 2008 - 08:44 PM

Wow, bux 1000 on my card later...

1 sidestand (MSR/Trailtech)
1 Dakar kit
1 set of good stuff from a y2k1 426 clutch
1 y2k1 WR426 stator and flywheel

I'll still have to get DOT-stamped tires before I can plate it. Oh, and I get to pay Sales Tax and (still off-road) registration for the bike tomorrow.

• kz2zx

Posted June 20, 2008 - 06:30 PM

Okay, I splurged. One set of Excel 17" SM rims (3.5 front 5.00 rear), Buchanan spokes, and a set of OE wheels from a boneyard are on their way. This'll let me keep dirt wheels (also Excel alloy, came with the bike) on the beast when I want to get dirty, commute, and still let me race LWSB/Clubman and Singles. You read it here first, folks.

Found out at the MVD today they don't even want to inspect it. My signed say-so is good enough. 'Course, I'll get an equipment ticket if I get pulled over and am missing anything, so I'll install the Dakar kit.

Rode it again, that clutch has GOT to be modded before I wanna do a stoplight in traffic.

I'll need a 3-day tag to get it - get this - emissions tested. The carb hasn't been ZipTy'ed or had any mods done (OE exhaust still), so it should just be a fuel-screw adjustment if it doesn't pass.

Fun, fun. Lots of parts coming makes kz a happy man.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kz2zx

Posted June 25, 2008 - 11:59 AM

Plated.

Waiting for the stator & clutch parts. New 17" rims'll be here Monday.

• torqueme

Posted June 26, 2008 - 12:34 AM

Got Pics??

• kz2zx

Posted June 26, 2008 - 07:52 AM

Yeah... I'll post pics of the wheel lacing when I do it next week. Wife and kids have the digital camera with them (they took a road trip to see Grandma), they return Tuesday.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.