Best exhaust for 07 yz 450f?

3 replies to this topic
  • bansheeater1

Posted June 18, 2008 - 10:50 AM

I'm looking for best overall sound, performance and cost? Thanks.

• motoscotty

Posted June 18, 2008 - 12:41 PM

I used the fmf stuff 4.1 and the mega bomb headpipe it was free so it was great.But big increase in power, tons of top end good stuff..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted June 18, 2008 - 01:34 PM

thats a hard question to ask.. everyone has their own favorite exhaust company. but here are a few you cant go wrong with

White Brothers( if you can still find them on closeout)

depending on your budget each of the main exhaust companies will have something for you. the cheapest full exhaust would be an MRD. They are around 400 bucks depending on what you want on it.. and Dave will work with you to get the power the way you want it.. Also comes with a lifetime warrenty on damage.

I currently run a Pro-Circuit Ti-4 and love it.. sound is a bit loud for some. but to others it has a nice throaty tone. Power is increased down low a tad but its in the middle and upper rms is where it improves the most.

dont try to get to much out of your exhaust. you will be disapointed. the stock exhaust systems are pretty damn good out of the box. all the exhaust will do is move your power to different locations.

• Kent Rathgeber

Posted June 19, 2008 - 06:21 PM

I run an FMF TiPowercore4 exhaust with stock header on my 07. I also run the quiet insert/spark arrestor that you buy separately. Total cost was about 300 bucks. It runs great, is relatively quiet, Titanium (ok, bling :thumbsup:) weighs less than the stocker and doesn't really change the power location, just adds a bit more. For the money, I don't think there's a better exhaust out there.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.