What HP are the factory racer bikes?

3 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted June 18, 2008 - 02:14 AM

I was curious how much more HP the factory racing teams get out of the yz's over stock, I beleive stock is right about 50 HP on the 450's stock right? do they get massive amounts more or just marginal? and how do the 450's relate to the 250f's for Hp too? just curious....... I know you guys here know the answers im looking for.

• 328somewhere

Posted June 18, 2008 - 02:41 AM

Well the 250fs are pushing the limits with something like 43-45hp. Thats teams like PC, factory connection (pc motor), to be honest i have no clue about the big bike class as far as how high but there are a lot of guys running basically a stock motor with the power moved where they want it. Then there are guys like Kdub who want all they can get so maybe he has like some crazy number but i wouldn't say its above 65hp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted June 18, 2008 - 03:08 AM

The factory 450s don't put out much more power than stock. Unlike the 250F's where the factories try to get as much out of them as possible, the 450's already have enough power. The top teams focus more on making the 450's as smooth as possible so it doesn't wear the rider out as much.

• krackhead

Posted June 18, 2008 - 05:41 AM

The factory 450s don't put out much more power than stock. Unlike the 250F's where the factories try to get as much out of them as possible, the 450's already have enough power. The top teams focus more on making the 450's as smooth as possible so it doesn't wear the rider out as much.

I agree, but I find it funny how everyone rags on bikes that are smoothe (08 yz450) and wants a hit, or raw bottom power. My 08 has made me a smoother ride, I spent some time slowing down to go faster, if you know what I mean. Not riding tense, losening up, doing laps where I made it a point to stand the entire time. Now when I ride my friends bikes I dont like the "rocket" feeling of some of them. My 08 is fast, very smoothe and managable.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.