tyre manufacturers sizes ?

2 replies to this topic
  • zoominz

Posted June 18, 2008 - 12:57 AM

:thumbsup: hi all, most of us know that different brands have different ways of measuring their tyres and my mate found out the hard way last week when he ordered a 110/100/19 kenda instead of a 110/100/19 dunlop. what im looking for then is a comparison chart of whos tyre matches other manufacturers sizes. can anyone help cheers:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 18, 2008 - 07:48 AM

You won't find one. I've never heard of a 110/100x19, by the way, but I've never been to NZ, either.

In the tire size, 110/90x19, the 19 refers to the rim diameter at the base of the bead seat. There is no variation among manufacturers there.

The 110/ is the width of the tire. It is measured from one side to the other of the inflated tire body, not the tread, mounted on the correct listed rim size. It can be measured to either the interior or exterior surface, and is generally somewhat rounded off, anyway.

The /90 is the aspect ratio. 90 would tell you that the tire is 90 percent as tall as it is wide, meaning that a 110/90 would measure 99mm from the bead seat to the outer diameter of the inflated tire body, again, not the tread.

Overall height and width will vary a lot based on tread design. Soft terrain tires usually appear narrower than harder terrain tires, even from the same manufacturer.

• zoominz

Posted June 18, 2008 - 02:29 PM

oops, yeah i ment 110/90/19.sorry. i know how tires are measured. just hoped there would be a comparison chart for the different brands.cheers

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.