First post, new bike, and a few questions.

1 reply to this topic
  • Jeepguy381

Posted June 17, 2008 - 08:51 AM

Hey everyone, I just picked up a 2002 WR 426 and wanted to see what you guys think would be best for what I want to do with it. I bought it from a guy I work with who bought it new in 2003, he only rode it a few times then parked it for at least 3 years. It only had 100 miles on it "tires had zero wear" but I had to take the carb apart to clean out the gunk "old fuel" and then it fired right up. It is all stock except it has a supertrapp pipe, Aero Tapper bars, aluminum brake guards, jetted carb, and opened up intake. It is also has a plate and is almost street legal. The bike looked like it had been sitting in the showroom, not even a chip or rub mark in the paint and I only paid $2300 for it!
Anyways I bought the bike mostly for on road ridding and would like to eventually do a supermoto conversion but that wont be for a while. Here are my questions.

1. I changed the front sprocket to a 15 tooth and I also have a 50 tooth rear, I still think I might need to get a smaller sprocket on the back. What do you think?
2. I am also looking at getting some good road tires on it that would do decent on wet pavement, I live in Oregon and it seems to rain 75% of the time. What works good?
3. The only other parts I am going to throw on will be a trailtech Vapor, brighter tail light with a front brakelight sensor, an integrated turn, horn, and light switch, and some nice LED turn signals. Does anyone know of a turn signal flasher that will work with the LED lights and run off the AC 12 volt current?

I also did the grey wire Mod and that made a huge difference in the power! :thumbsup: Thanks for the help, this site is awesome!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • face_plant

Posted June 17, 2008 - 09:07 AM

15/42 or so
avon distanzia 18/21

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.