2007 pipe question

6 replies to this topic
  • AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted June 16, 2008 - 09:23 PM

I have done the forum searches and get mixed results. I have a stock 07 and ride desert. I am debating between a PMB end cap with the stock exhaust or a Yosh SS full system with the spark arrestor. Is is worth the $400 difference? I chose the Yosh as it appears to be the only one that doesn't interfer with the oil filter cover bolt and it has a protective guard on the header pipe. Any others that don't interfer? Opinions are welcome.

T-Diddy

• urgreathero

Posted June 17, 2008 - 02:31 AM

if ur that worried bout the oil filter cover, just get a slip on

• ForceTen

Posted June 17, 2008 - 03:59 AM

I have an '07 YZ450F with the PMB end cap, spark arrestor and silent insert. It's a good setup, and work is fairly easy. There is no fitment problem, and IMO, it's not worth the extra cost to go with aftermarket unless you're concerned about sound levels. Which, you could just repack the stock silencer and see if it'll cut it down.

I put a PMB end on my son's '05 YZ250F with stock exhaust. At the same time I did it, I repacked the silencer. The reduction in noise level was incredible to say the least.

I'll be repacking the silencer on my 450F to get the noise level down further than it is (didn't repack when I installed PMB). Timing is good as I submerged my bike this weekend, so it needs to be repacked anyways.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krackhead

Posted June 17, 2008 - 04:29 AM

I love my Yoshimura, it is the only one I know of that does not block the oil filter. I ride an 08 yz450 and it was huge gains, big bottom and lots of over rev. I removed the spark arrestor though since I mostly ride track.

• alstar250

Posted December 15, 2009 - 11:30 AM

SO I want to repack my stock 07 silencer, does anyone know which end I should drill out (the endcap or closest to the header) and when replacing the rivets, what size rivets should I use? Thanks

• alstar250

Posted December 15, 2009 - 11:31 AM

I love my Yoshimura, it is the only one I know of that does not block the oil filter. I ride an 08 yz450 and it was huge gains, big bottom and lots of over rev. I removed the spark arrestor though since I mostly ride track.

I know that post is a year and a half old... but I guess you found out anything short of glasspack mufflers produces HUGE gains on an 08..lol, Nice pipe!

• ForceTen

Posted December 15, 2009 - 04:19 PM

SO I want to repack my stock 07 silencer, does anyone know which end I should drill out (the endcap or closest to the header) and when replacing the rivets, what size rivets should I use? Thanks

I did both ends. Might not have been necessary. But, I did.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.