Reccommendation for plastic in cold weather

1 reply to this topic
  • wnadrag

Posted December 03, 2002 - 05:11 PM

I just bought an Acerbis plastic kit for my bike. Not even a month old, I rode last weekend for the first really cold ride of the year. I managed to brake both radiator shrouds clean off just from catching branches and saplings. I never had this problem before with stock or ufo plastic. Was this a coincidence or is Acerbis plastic cheap? (Glad I didn't put graphics on yet.)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted December 04, 2002 - 04:36 AM

It must have been extreamely cold where you were riding. I have used Acerbis plastic for years with no problems. Keep in mind that frozen plastic (no matter what the brand) breaks as easy as glass. The best advise is to be careful and don't crash as much when the temps are down around freezing. Thats one of the reasons I preheat my bike inside my race trailer before winter races......Even doing that I occaisionally will break a radiator guard.

Roost On.....

Bonzai :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.