Blinkers - any truly durable ones?

12 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted February 06, 2001 - 07:44 AM

Both of our bikes - '99 WR400 & '92 XR250R - are dual sported with Baja Designs kits. So far the blinkers have been reasonably durable - only broken a couple.

Have any of you found better versions? Anybody tried the little flexy ones from Summers Racing? I'm not worried about DOT approved - the blinkers would only be one of the violations :)

Brian

• mcarp

Posted February 06, 2001 - 08:41 AM

Brian, I used to own a Kawasaki KLR250, dual sport stock. The turn signals on this bike were awesome-flexible and NEVER broke one. This was my first bike in about 15 years, so I fell a lot! They received quite a bit of abuse during the 2 years I had it, complete with scrapes, scratches, rock hits, mud basking, powerwashes, and the like. No broken stems, lenses, or bulbs and no leaks. Impressive.

The downside is they stick out further than what I would like- about 6 inches.

Just my $.02

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 06, 2001 - 08:53 AM

I mounted my front blinkers on the top triple clamp bolt so they are pretty well hidden behing my bark busters. For the rear I used floush mount blinkers from Baja Designs. They only stick out about 3/4 of an inch.

Nick

[This message has been edited by npuza (edited 02-06-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 06, 2001 - 10:20 PM

Brian go to cycle gear and get the ter dope trun lamps they mount flush on the rear fender and only cost 13.95 i have had them on my bikes(wifes)and she can't brake them.
monty

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 06, 2001 - 04:56 PM

...ter dope trun...?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 06, 2001 - 07:18 PM

Thats (teardrop) dam key broadssssssssss

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 06, 2001 - 07:37 PM

...key broad...?

Don't talk bout wimmin like that.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 07, 2001 - 09:36 AM

Nope! :)

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted February 07, 2001 - 07:07 PM

Hey Dorf, It's not nice to tease people, especially a friend of mine.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted February 08, 2001 - 07:45 AM

Mike, does that mean we can tease you but not Kevin?

Brian

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted February 08, 2001 - 07:02 PM

Bring it brother!..... :)

• BruceWA

Posted February 09, 2001 - 06:50 AM

Summer Racing makes some trick flexible turn signals that work well. And you can buy the replacement lenses. I use these on the rear only. Have lost a couple of lenses, now i safety wire them on. Presto, no more lost lenses. So far I have never done major damage to a front turn signal, YET!
These have been on my WR now for 2 years, I don't know if SRC still carries them.

• RAZOR

Posted February 12, 2001 - 11:22 PM

I put a Baja Designs kit on my '01-WR426,
but I did not mount the rear blinkers directly to the fender. Instead, I bought FLIP-LITES from First Trails. They are folding(retractable) brackets made of light-weight aluminium. You can contact Tom Evans at First Trails P.O. BOX 3884
Big Bear Lake, CA. 92315
tel.909.866.5900
e-mail: FlipLites@aol.com
I bought a set three years ago for my XR600 for about $25.00. I sold the XR in nov.'00 and bought an '01-WR426. After three years and many get-offs, the flip-lite brackets have held up nicely. They tuck in, out of the way when you're off road. Then flip out, into street legal position while you're on the street.
p.s. Tom also rides a WR426. Call him, you'll be glad you did.
RAZOR

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.