Any Suggestions - My 06 Won't Run

3 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted June 15, 2008 - 09:45 AM

So my 06 has been sitting in the garage for 7 months, but I did have the gas drained from the carb for this period. I think I started it once during this period and it ran fine.

So now ( a few months later) after 10 minutes of kicking, it finally started, but now only runs in idle mode. As soon as I twist the throttle, even a slight bit, it goes dead. I tried adding some newer gas, but it only will idle at a decent RPM with the choke on, but again, it will go dead as soon as I turn the throttle.

I've been out there for 20 minutes and can't figure out what is going on. All I did was drain the gas and keep in the garage during this period of non-use. :thumbsup: :busted: ERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted June 15, 2008 - 12:14 PM

Take the carb off and CLEAN all your jets take a good look at the slow jet and main.

I would do the accelerator pump as well.

Good LUCK:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted June 15, 2008 - 12:42 PM

Take the carb off and CLEAN all your jets take a good look at the slow jet and main.

I would do the accelerator pump as well.

Good LUCK:thumbsup:

Thanks

I removed the float bowl screw only and sprayed some carb cleaner into the jets and carb and cleaned out some whitish particles sitting in the float bowl screw - sand maybe, not sure, but the bike ran fine after all that.

Whew!

• grayracer513

Posted June 15, 2008 - 01:20 PM

It sounds like something was stuck in the main jet. Could even have been a drop of water.

Your bike started and idled, so the starter and pilot circuits were open. But as the throttle is opened, the carb has to start bringing fuel up through the main circuit, which yours didn't want to do.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.