Peetz, CO Race this Sunday

1 reply to this topic
  • SealClubber

Posted May 20, 2002 - 04:40 PM

I was thinkin about doing this race. It will be my first race. Has anyone ridden the area? What's it like? I've ridden in Rampart, Divide, Pueblo and Captain Jacks. Is it like any of these places? Are there big jumps?

Tight woods are no problem for me but I have not tried any jumps larger than a few feet.

Also, what is this Special Test stuff all about?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted May 20, 2002 - 07:23 PM

This race is a 20 mile loop set up with a 3 mile or so special test at the end. The loop is set at a very easy speed average. The special test at the end is as fast as you can go through it. The time it takes you to go through it is your score. C riders will run this 2 times. A/B riders ride it 2 times then they start the 3rd loop, the same thing, but the whole loop is as fast as you can go. There is usually plenty of time in between loops to rest, refuel, and get ready for the next one. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.