newbie but and oldie

3 replies to this topic
  • swansong04

Posted June 15, 2008 - 08:28 AM

hey there, first post .. great fourm i have been lurking for awhile .. i have been riding dirt bikes my whole life but have not ownerd a dirt bike in about 20 yrs. even though i have ridden many friends bike in the past and also own a harley so i am not a begginer rider by any means ...

anyway i just odered up a brand new 2007 yz450f and was wondering if there is anythng i should know or do to it right off the bat !!! i will be doing mostly off road style riding , single track , technical riding .. i will be doing practice races at our local track once in awhile ..
i am 6-1 200#'s an intermediate rider but wanna start taking my riding to the next level .. (even though i am 38 yrs old 8o( )
oh whats your guys thoughts on a GYTR™ Off-Road Flywheel ???
any info would be great or any tips ..

Gary

• grayracer513

Posted June 15, 2008 - 08:55 AM

The flywheel is a great improvement. You will also do well to change the bars at your height:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=657523

Otherwise, buy a high quality chain NOW, before the piece of trash the bike comes with destroys two otherwise usable sprockets, and get a front tire suitable for the soils in your area. The one it comes with is suited only for extremely hard soils.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • swansong04

Posted June 15, 2008 - 09:15 AM

hey there, thanks for the great info ... what chain do you recommend ??

• grayracer513

Posted June 15, 2008 - 09:24 AM

The Regina ORN6. It's a solid, two year chain.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.