yz forks to wr 08

6 replies to this topic
  • Judan10

Posted June 14, 2008 - 11:41 PM

is it possible to put 08 yz 450 forks on 08 wr 450? what else would i need to change? dean

• tweav

Posted June 15, 2008 - 03:30 AM

everything , axle , brakes , front hub /spacers , tripple tree? , I think that is about it. 05-07 yz forks are a easier swap

• STECKNINE

Posted June 15, 2008 - 07:58 AM

O8 YZ forks will work but, be prepared to buy a whole slew of parts and, not be able to use your ODO! The 07 YZ forks are the way to go! Just bolt them on and ride! Depending on what bike you get them off you may need to re spring them. I have done it and, it is worth every penny!:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sausage boy

Posted July 18, 2008 - 04:36 PM

O8 YZ forks will work but, be prepared to buy a whole slew of parts and, not be able to use your ODO! The 07 YZ forks are the way to go! Just bolt them on and ride! Depending on what bike you get them off you may need to re spring them. I have done it and, it is worth every penny!:thumbsup:

hey Stecknine did you put 07 YZ forks in your 08 WR? did you need to buy any other parts?

• ThompsonV311

Posted July 18, 2008 - 04:59 PM

Just got a set of 06 YZ forks for my 07 WR today. WooHoo! I'm so stoked I loved my YZ suspension from last years racebike. Wish Yamaha would just pull the trigger on fitting the WR with them to start with.

• KennyMc

Posted July 18, 2008 - 05:24 PM

Where do you guys find this stuff? Ebay or ??

• ThompsonV311

Posted July 18, 2008 - 07:51 PM

Yeah ebay, I paid $260 for mine and the guy lived 20 min from me so no shipping either. Score! They go to Noleen on Monday for desert setup, and then .:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.