East Coast ThumperTalk Ride!

17 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted May 20, 2002 - 02:00 PM

It looks like we have over twenty riders, representing 6 states and 4 bike manufactures coming in June for the ride.

Can't wait to meet everyone and ride :)

Bill

• bonez34

Posted May 21, 2002 - 03:36 PM

Tell me more Bill. When, where, can I leave the wife at home?

• mcarp

Posted May 22, 2002 - 09:02 PM

Sweet! 20 riders should be a blast!

Bonez-The ride is at Rausch Creek on Fri/Sat June 14 and June 15.

• S_Phillips

Posted May 22, 2002 - 09:16 PM

OK when is there gonna be a Southern ThumperTalk ride ?!?!? :)

• wr250fwahoo

Posted May 22, 2002 - 09:30 PM

Hey I am intrested in this ride what do I have to do to get in on this ???? send me email or pm please

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 22, 2002 - 11:03 AM

Dude!

I used to live in Glastonbury, CT...moved to Marlborough, CT then up here to NH.

Did I already mention this or am I suffering from Deja Vu...AGAIN?? :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted May 22, 2002 - 11:23 AM

OK,

If some of you southern guys want to get together and make the trip, I could be available with my custom van and 20ft Race trailer. I can comfortabily carry 5 bikes and riders. If everybody pitched in for gas and driving it could be a pretty good trip.

I live in the Atlanta Area.

Bonzai :)

• Bill

Posted May 22, 2002 - 12:19 PM

Thanks for offering your ride Bill.

I'd love for all, of y'all, to come on up. Bill's right, it would be a hell of a road trip and the wives would be hard to deny their man on Fathers day weekend.

"Oh come on honey, let go ride with my buddies" :) It's all I want for Father day. It can even be part of my birthday present :D

Bill

• BigDesto

Posted May 22, 2002 - 12:20 PM

What about a west coast ride in Calif.? I'm sure there would be alot of tt members that would be up for it. What do you think steve? You are now in San Diego, i'm sure you could arrange something. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • S_Phillips

Posted May 22, 2002 - 06:08 PM

YAMIKAZE-

If some of you southern guys want to get together and make the trip, I could be available with my custom van and 20ft Race trailer. I can comfortabily carry 5 bikes and riders. If everybody pitched in for gas and driving it could be a pretty good trip

Careful Kaze I might just take you up on that.
I live in Huntsville area myself. I have some green I could chip in.

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 29, 2002 - 09:03 PM

Bill,
I am down to one vehicle out of three.

The f-ing Dodge Grand Caravan has it's CONTINUING tranny problems (won't shift out of 1st) and my little Mitsu Eclipse was shaking so bad this morning, I had to take my 750 Nighthawk into work today.

I have Thursday off (05/30) then start 12 hr midshifts as of Friday night. I am off on vaca as of next Wednesday, 06/05, but unless I get one of these vehicles up, I WILL NOT have a way to get to PA...

The Eclipse FEELS like it jumped a tooth on the timing gear BUT due to the zero clearance btwn the valve and piston crown, this (cannot?) be the case.

I will have it up on ramps Thursday morning, [MAJOR party tonight to signify the completion of my plant's refueling outage may slow my ascension out of bed in the morning :) )].

I'll figure it out...

• mcarp

Posted May 29, 2002 - 09:07 PM

So what's the tally on riders coming to SE PA?

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 29, 2002 - 09:17 PM

If any of you guys have some 2 strokes, 125 / 250, BRING 'EM!!

There JUST maybe a change of attitudes against the 2-strokes at RC, once the guys throw a leg over them, and give them a spin around the SX track!!!

• z4me

Posted May 29, 2002 - 09:42 PM

Originally posted by NH Kevin:
Bill,
I am down to one vehicle out of three.

The f-ing Dodge Grand Caravan has it's CONTINUING tranny problems (won't shift out of 1st) and my little Mitsu Eclipse was shaking so bad this morning, I had to take my 750 Nighthawk into work today.

I have Thursday off (05/30) then start 12 hr midshifts as of Friday night. I am off on vaca as of next Wednesday, 06/05, but unless I get one of these vehicles up, I WILL NOT have a way to get to PA...

The Eclipse FEELS like it jumped a tooth on the timing gear BUT due to the zero clearance btwn the valve and piston crown, this (cannot?) be the case.

I will have it up on ramps Thursday morning, [MAJOR party tonight to signify the completion of my plant's refueling outage may slow my ascension out of bed in the morning :) )].

I'll figure it out...

Kevin - check your PM.

• levy1

Posted May 29, 2002 - 01:54 PM

Bill, What is the date again. Fred

• Bill

Posted May 30, 2002 - 12:23 AM

Fred,

June 14/15.

If you want to YZ time your bike. Bring it over to the house on Thursday night. It'll take us about an hour. If you want, we could even change the jetting to a more aggresive YZ style. I could set you up with an EKP needle or you could order jets from Sudco and we could EMM needle the bike.

We did mine last year and Kevin rebuilt his bike at least once a day and once at night.

check your PM.

Bill

• mcarp

Posted May 30, 2002 - 06:57 AM

Hey Levy-

Hope you can make both the SE PA and Wayne National Forest rides, looking forward to meeting you. Yep, we can YZ time your bike in less than an hour even with jetting. I guess we know who's buying the beer now, hehe!

This time out I'm "really" going to take some pictures to post on TT. I was too busy test riding everyone else's bike last time! Look out, Mike68!

• ISBB

Posted May 30, 2002 - 11:20 AM

DID I READ WEST COAST SANDIEGO RIDE.... I live in the imperial valley bout hour and a half away from there... I WANNA RIDE... hehehe...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.