New DR.D exhaust on my 08...holy s*$%

9 replies to this topic
  • matt16631

Posted June 14, 2008 - 05:28 AM

Yes, I read all the posts about how the 08 is corked up and it needs a pipe to open it up. Well, I waited a couple of months and finally got a DRD stainless full system. First ride....holy sh*#! It looks like the same bike, but it acts like its on steriods. I've never experienced a power gain like this; I feel like I have to re-learn to ride this beast. All I can say is... unbelievable; if you haven't upgraded from your stocker yet, you're missing out.:thumbsup:

• j-ripper

Posted June 14, 2008 - 01:14 PM

i got an 08 myself and kinda dissapionted at the power, i believe my 05 yz250 2 stroke can deffinitly eat it up, probly cause its not stock(hot rod kit,shaved head,fmf exh,v-force rad valve, suspension done by mad brothers) but you said its a totly new bike to ride,,eh? how much was the dr.d exhaust and did you have to rejet the bike, right now i'm dealing with a problem, the bike actually runs better with a dirty airfilter!! i'm new at the 4stoke game and trying to find all the little tips and tricks that i can to make the bike better, so please let me know of any must doo's so i can make this bike more fun to ride, thanks

• The Italian Stallion

Posted June 14, 2008 - 02:11 PM

The 08 pipe is pure crap!Your better off puting a 79 PE175 exhaust on it.Really,I thought the 06 pipe was crap and it was.I got the Dr D for my 06 and it was a great improvment.

• NOMADAK

Posted June 14, 2008 - 06:44 PM

I just put my Dr. D pipe's on my 06 YZ250F and my '06 YZ450F. Big power gains on both across the board. Very strong gains in the bottom to mid on both bikes.

I haven't even re-jetted yet....and not sure I can handle more on the 450F anyways.

Great products, excellent look, fit, finish and they produce what they are supposed to .......POWER!

• matt16631

Posted June 15, 2008 - 06:29 AM

i got an 08 myself and kinda dissapionted at the power, i believe my 05 yz250 2 stroke can deffinitly eat it up, probly cause its not stock(hot rod kit,shaved head,fmf exh,v-force rad valve, suspension done by mad brothers) but you said its a totly new bike to ride,,eh? how much was the dr.d exhaust and did you have to rejet the bike, right now i'm dealing with a problem, the bike actually runs better with a dirty airfilter!! i'm new at the 4stoke game and trying to find all the little tips and tricks that i can to make the bike better, so please let me know of any must doo's so i can make this bike more fun to ride, thanks

From BTO sports online the pipe was 439.00 for full system. Includes free 2day shipping. Stock jetting seems to be ok at my elevation - 500'. You wont be disappointed. Clean your air filter! Leaving it dirty means more valve adjustments in the future.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 16, 2008 - 09:22 AM

Similar prices are available from the TT store, too.

As to the performance gains, I hate to say, "I told you so", ....

No, that's not true. I really enjoy it. :thumbsup:

• wolfie12

Posted June 16, 2008 - 07:35 PM

It really is amazing how friggin bad the stock 08 exhaust is. I mean, it is almost like they wanted to make the bike beginner tame. I agree with the others, I've never seen that much improvement with a pipe on any bike I've ever owned, 2 stroke or 4. I've been racing with a Two Bros Titanium system on my 08, and it runs neck and neck with modded Hondas, no problem on the holeshots.

• gtxkid

Posted June 17, 2008 - 05:02 PM

How much do you need to change the jetting to make it work.
Greg

• matt16631

Posted June 18, 2008 - 04:46 PM

no changes

• krackhead

Posted June 18, 2008 - 04:55 PM

How much do you need to change the jetting to make it work.
Greg

In colorado with the Dr D we have found a 42 pilot and 155 main is pretty darn good. i also changed my needle up a clip and my 08 rips. My friend has a Dr D and I have a yosh (same bikes) and same jetting on both

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.