07 WR head pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • Reedus

Posted June 13, 2008 - 03:39 PM

I have an 07 WR450 that i need a new head pipe for. I found an 07 YZ450 pipe on local classifieds, but will it bolt up?

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 13, 2008 - 03:42 PM

I have an 07 WR450 that i need a new head pipe for. I found an 07 YZ450 pipe on local classifieds, but will it bolt up?

It will bolt up to the head but it will have a bigger diameter than your mid-pipe. I don't know if anyone has done this and fab'd an adapter or not?

• STECKNINE

Posted June 13, 2008 - 05:10 PM

It will bolt right on and, make your bike way more snappy! You just need to get a YZ silencer! Trust me its worth the $:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Reedus

Posted June 16, 2008 - 01:07 PM

Update: for those of you interested, the YZ header bolts up fine with the WR head, the problem mentioned is the diameter of the YZ head pipe in relation to the stock WR silencer. It is bigger than the stock WR header. The only thing you need to do in order to make it work is buy the YZ gasket that goes in the end of the silencer where it clamps on. It is bigger than the WR gasket and will still fit in the WR silencer. Makes for a snappy bike.

• Demo_Slug

Posted June 16, 2008 - 02:52 PM

Update: for those of you interested, the YZ header bolts up fine with the WR head, the problem mentioned is the diameter of the YZ head pipe in relation to the stock WR silencer. It is bigger than the stock WR header. The only thing you need to do in order to make it work is buy the YZ gasket that goes in the end of the silencer where it clamps on. It is bigger than the WR gasket and will still fit in the WR silencer. Makes for a snappy bike.

Thanks for checking that out and reporting back.:thumbsup: . Makes perfect sense. The 2 gaskets have the same outer diameter but have different inner diameters?

WR head pipe is 38mm.

• Reedus

Posted June 17, 2008 - 08:13 AM

Right on the money. Same outer diameter, but different inner diameter. Here are some pics of the difference.

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.