stock 08 450

4 replies to this topic
  • motoscotty

Posted June 13, 2008 - 09:14 AM

I was really impressed the way it ran in stock form.I rode it for the first time at my local track and goin really fast on it ,not what I was expecting at all.Passed a lot of guys on reg. 450's.Bike has good power but the throttle stop is annoying. That bike is very capable in stock form however it does not like big jumps.I bottomed really bad on this 70' table but all the other stuff doubles and rhy. sec. some step up stuff it worked really good.I like the fact it is so quiet and it is elec. start.Probably should not have ridden it that for break in 2- 30 min. motos but it's a yamaha it will be ok.Very cool bike..

• STECKNINE

Posted June 13, 2008 - 09:22 AM

If your jumping 70 footers then you need some YZ forks!:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted June 13, 2008 - 10:24 AM

I was really impressed the way it ran in stock form.I rode it for the first time at my local track and goin really fast on it ,not what I was expecting at all.Passed a lot of guys on reg. 450's.Bike has good power but the throttle stop is annoying. That bike is very capable in stock form however it does not like big jumps.I bottomed really bad on this 70' table but all the other stuff doubles and rhy. sec. some step up stuff it worked really good.I like the fact it is so quiet and it is elec. start.Probably should not have ridden it that for break in 2- 30 min. motos but it's a yamaha it will be ok.Very cool bike..

I'd agree that bone stock it has reasonable power. its rideable. but its tame. I'd pin it comeing out of every corner, and I don't have any skills. It has all of the low RPM 450 power. but it will roll over and play dead at 8K RPM. which I could really feel on long fast hill climbs. disconnect the grey wire and you can you the full range of the motor.

uncorked is much better. its glutinous. I hardly ever pin it.

comparing stock to un corked... stock is definatly a DOG. but if you are short shifting and using the low end grunt it will go plenty fast.

• motoscotty

Posted June 13, 2008 - 10:30 AM

That particular 70' table has a steep landing and is easy to over jump,I have bottomed pretty hard on my yz also but the wr is kinda soft for that type of landing.

• motoscotty

Posted June 14, 2008 - 04:57 PM

Just to add I now have a spedo so I am always looking down at the thing.So this big up hill table at a diff. track is about 80' I'm at47 -49mph off the face of the jump.That is cool having a spedo..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.