Worn/abused bike pictures, do they exist ?

16 replies to this topic
  • boulderite

Posted June 12, 2008 - 07:25 PM

Man I am scared to post a pic of my bike now. Appears all pics posted here are of spit shined dent free show bikes. My bike has dents,broken and scratched
parts with lots of character and stories. Anyone else here proud of a ragged out, ride it like you stole it wr?
Proud to have a heap!

Post sum pics

• matt4x4

Posted June 13, 2008 - 03:35 AM

This thread is useless without pics of yours!!!!

Unfortunately, I don't have pics of mine from when I first picked it up, but it looked well used, however, long cold winters can do wonders to beaten looking bikes!

• KAS

Posted June 21, 2008 - 08:31 PM

I'm sure lots of people here "ride it like they stole it". :thumbsup:

Its just that some of us "take care of it like we paid for it." :p

• redswr

Posted June 21, 2008 - 10:56 PM

the best i can do for now... i'll have to get more pics tomorrow. it's now sporting Sir Marksalot Black wheels too :thumbsup:

Posted Image

• ktown yamaha

Posted June 22, 2008 - 11:55 PM

Im with KAS i beat in my yz, but then when i get home i clean er all up, like he said i clean it like i paid for it

• swede426

Posted June 23, 2008 - 01:28 AM

When I get home after a trip I'm to tired to wash it, and I did pay for it.
When my strength is back again I dont vaste it on washing the bike, I take it for a ride again instead.
and so on............

• Ridon

Posted June 23, 2008 - 02:26 AM

I'm sure lots of people here "ride it like they stole it". :thumbsup:

Its just that some of us "take care of it like we paid for it." :p

+1:thumbsup:

• swede426

Posted June 23, 2008 - 03:02 AM

Nothing wrong with washing the bike but when it comes to polish the protection layer from the alu-frame, rims and the exhaust system to get them shiny I think it's a bit extreme especially on a DIRTbike.
But hey, if you rather do that than to ride it's your business.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redswr

Posted June 23, 2008 - 02:34 PM

forgot to take pics... i'll post my shiny new bike next to my old beatup bike

• kxracer987

Posted June 23, 2008 - 05:33 PM

the best i can do for now... i'll have to get more pics tomorrow. it's now sporting Sir Marksalot Black wheels too :thumbsup:

Posted Image

I tryed the marksalot on my 250. After the first 20 min., it had lines running through it and looked terrible. To bad, because i really liked it with black rims.

• tribalbc

Posted June 23, 2008 - 06:48 PM

here's my 07

Posted Image

• tribalbc

Posted June 23, 2008 - 06:52 PM

another

Posted Image

• Ak Yammy

Posted June 23, 2008 - 09:38 PM

looks like my well worn beast. I would post pics but if I'm reading right I have to be a pay member to post personal pics? If this is not right could someone please enlighten me.

• Frank_z28

Posted June 24, 2008 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

mine on duty

• zuch95701

Posted June 24, 2008 - 11:50 AM

now that looks fun. i love people who ride there bikes. i mean if something doesnt come back broke from a ride you are doing something wronge.

• redswr

Posted June 24, 2008 - 02:40 PM

ok... my well worn 99. zip ties all over the place... overflow bottle zip tied to the flag mount, missing a handguard and needs a brake lever and grips. has been ran with the hot start stuck on for an hour in the sand during a race and still fires up first kick... need to sell it...lol. and yes... those #'s are duct tape and the flames are painted on...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and my 07... (sorry had to throw a clean shot in)
Posted Image

• SID013

Posted June 24, 2008 - 08:00 PM

Here's some of some ugly blokes getting down & dirty & 1 of my mates '07 after a day of abuse. Bent radiator, subframe, exhaust, number plate AWOL, etc. Fun days in Oz!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.