2002 Yzf426

1 reply to this topic
  • twilsey

Posted June 12, 2008 - 06:00 PM

I'm looking at buying a 02 YZF426. No previous experience with this class. Can anyone give me input about things to look out for with this bike in particular?

I am an experienced motorcycle/enduro rider so I know about sprockets,chain,fork seals, tire condition, brake pads, etc.

I'm looking for things to look out for in this Model bike in particular... example... hard to start... I've been told these bikes can be no fun at all to start hot or cold,,, can anyone speak up on this issue or any other issues?

Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vetmxrider

Posted June 12, 2008 - 07:46 PM

For me, the 02 YZ426FP was one of the best bikes I ever purchased. Once you get the “starting drill” down it’s not that bad. I weigh 135 pounds in street clothes and could get it lit in 3-4 kicks cold and 1 when warm. Something to give serious consideration would be to replace the exhaust cam with a 2003 YZ450 exhaust cam. Just do a search in this forum and you will find more then you can read regarding the topic. This is an auto-decompression cam and you would be able to remove the compression release and forget about the “starting drill”. The bike and this mod have been proven to be bullet proof. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.