Smoother Power for my '07 YZ450

3 replies to this topic
  • ColMan289

Posted June 12, 2008 - 07:01 AM

hey,

I have a 2007 YZ450. No engine mods, with a Dr.D exhaust system. Im looking for anything to make my bike run smoother but i keep getting so many different opinions about parts that may or may not work that i've almost given up. I thought about High compression pistons, but cant afford to run race gas 24/7. I've looked into flywheels, carb mods like the Boyeson Powering, and some other options but for every plus, somebody has somethin bad to say about it that pretty much kills it for me. Does any one have any suggestions for smoother more consistent power?

• grayracer513

Posted June 12, 2008 - 11:12 AM

Define "smoother" as you mean it. Smoother where, when, under what circumstances?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bigcr

Posted June 12, 2008 - 05:32 PM

Put the stock exhaust back on and get a one tooth smaller rear sprocket.

• DPW

Posted June 13, 2008 - 06:47 AM

GYTR Off-Road Flywheel, Linkage

easy to install and good bang for the buck..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.