Seat info WR 07

6 replies to this topic
  • Jeff_Steckline

Posted June 11, 2008 - 03:39 PM

I have blown my stock seat at the seams. Seems like a good time to upgrade. I have thought about the FX TC-4 seat cover w/new foam and seat bump. I also heard good things about Guts seats. any input is appreciated. Jeff S

Posted June 11, 2008 - 05:30 PM

If you go GUTS, stay away from the "HARDCORE GRIPPER COVER", the material was changed a year ago and they are now junk:thumbsdn:

I am running the GUTS tall/soft foam with the "COMPETITION COVER" and I have been very happy, the only thing I would change is probably the density of the foam and go with a medium density instead of soft.

• driftevo361

Posted June 11, 2008 - 05:41 PM

Stock wr seat hurts sooo bad :busted: :thumbsup: :ride: :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted June 11, 2008 - 09:46 PM

I have the medium foam Guts and for trail riding I find myself wanting that soft XR400 seat foam with no dimples to hurt my behind. The soft might not last as long but who can put a price on comfort. I did add some foam to my stock seat and cover from a bed roll foam about a 1/2 inch thick. It was hard to strech the cover over the extra foam but it made much nicer saddle.

• Jeff_Steckline

Posted June 13, 2008 - 04:31 AM

Thanks for the info, I try and stand most of the time but when i sit down, I'll go w/ comfort. Thanks again, Jeff S

• chevytrkn1

Posted June 13, 2008 - 05:32 AM

I had both the guts soft and medium, Im 200 lbs and the soft was to soft. Medium firm but comfortable

• Jeff_Steckline

Posted June 13, 2008 - 07:02 AM

cool, I'm 190 pounds and 5" 10". I think the Guts medium density seat w/the competion cover. my butt thanks you in advance. ride trees this weekend. Jeff S

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.