• tweav

Posted June 15, 2008 - 11:27 AM

http://www.promotobi...products_id/291

and it carries all the things that matter too. :thumbsup: :busted: :busted:

Posted Image
Posted Image

• steve350f

Posted June 16, 2008 - 06:29 AM

$185 for the rack!! Ouch, but I guess it's worth it if it carries a case of coolies. :thumbsup: Anyway, another question, Which hose should I attach the temp sensor too? The one from the top of the rad to the engine or from the bottom of the rad to the pump? What did you set your two warning light temps at?

• tweav

Posted June 17, 2008 - 10:08 AM

I hooked mine to the upper line as close to the head as I could It's the hot one . temp light yellow 210 f and red 240 f . the shift light I set at 10000 rpm yellow red 11000rpm . yes 186 is salty for a rack but I use it a lot

• Dominion

Posted June 17, 2008 - 10:37 AM

You have inspired me! I am going to attempt to plate my WR here in the next couple of months and I gotta super moto it! Where'd you score those rims? Thats a great looking bike brother!

~Brian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted June 17, 2008 - 12:03 PM

I got the rims from a guy on www.supermotojunkie.com . they were used . a plated wr is a blast to ride but it is a high maintence bike .

• sirjolly18

Posted March 07, 2013 - 11:51 PM

on my 04 wr450 f i am having trouble running the power wires and connecting to the ignition. The ignition has black and red. i only have the black wire from the speedo plugged into the black from the ignition wires, but when i attach the red wire from speedo it will light up even when i have the key set to off. Why is this? So atm i have left only the black wire in which seems to work when key is turned on with no dramas. does the red wire from the speedo need to be attached to something? does the trail tech automatically turn off after 15min of being inactive which means having both plugged in will be fine?

i have the rpm wires attached to plug and black grounded to the frame.

• miweber929

Posted March 08, 2013 - 05:16 AM

on my 04 wr450 f i am having trouble running the power wires and connecting to the ignition. The ignition has black and red. i only have the black wire from the speedo plugged into the black from the ignition wires, but when i attach the red wire from speedo it will light up even when i have the key set to off. Why is this? So atm i have left only the black wire in which seems to work when key is turned on with no dramas. does the red wire from the speedo need to be attached to something? does the trail tech automatically turn off after 15min of being inactive which means having both plugged in will be fine?

i have the rpm wires attached to plug and black grounded to the frame.

It should turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity but will drain your battery for that 15 min.

Get a manual, find the wiring diagram and use a switched power wire, don't just match wire colors. Using a switched power wire, by switched I mean something that isn't live until after the ignition button is pressed on or something that doesn't get power until after the bike starts, will make it work correctly.

Have a Vapor on mine and works like a charm turning on and off with the ignition. If it or the manual was in front of me I could tell you exactly what wire I used but this way you'll get the satisfaction of finding it yourself!!! :)

Edited by miweber929, March 08, 2013 - 05:19 AM.

• Luv2brap-downunder

Posted May 24, 2015 - 01:33 AM

Hey guys I got my vapor in the mail today and the instructions confused the &%$#@! outa me, got a couple questions for ya. Where abouts did you put the temp sender, so it doesn't run on the tank.
How many times did you wrap the rpm sensor around the spark plug lead ?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.