road kit

1 reply to this topic
  • pymn2001

Posted December 02, 2002 - 01:23 PM

I put this up before but dont think i explained it to well,got a kit from a friend and it came with his wrf250 02 you know its got speedo, wiring loom, indicaters, horn etc,
I've just bought a 02 wr400 and have tried to fix it to my bike i am stuck on two points there is a black and white wire which i think is the kill switch ,and a green and yellow wire thats loose the brake switch is not funtioning but not really a prob, the kill switch dont work because i cant find place to connect it have done a dry run on loom and nearly got it to work , :smirk:plus the wiring loom is fat were can i get some info on position on bike thanks in advance if can help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted December 02, 2002 - 03:32 PM

Well, you may think that whole task seems to be's not really. First you should consult your factory manual. They have an excellent wiring diagram that will bring you some understanding of what wires are for which. Once you have a handle on the Yamaha wiring, message me and I will set you up with a Baja designs wiring diagram.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.