what kind of trailor set up do you guys run????

11 replies to this topic
  • thumperpower411

Posted May 19, 2002 - 04:00 PM

i just purchased a 7x16 enclosed trailor and i want to put in some cabinets and stuff and im also looking for space consious ways to keep the bikes secure i have a 400 a 125 and an 85 (all yz's of course) to keep down do any of you have any suggestions on what to do and if possible some pics to thanks alot :)

• Dan_from_HB

Posted May 19, 2002 - 05:28 PM

I use four "bike shoes" in my toybox type trailer. I mounted them on a piece of 3/4" plywood with carpet on the bottom so it won't scratch up the floor. Then I just tie down the plywood. Works pretty good. A few guys in my club also mounted their bike shoes to a steel tubular rack they fabricated, then they quick pin the rack to the side walls. Either way, the bike shoes work great for full-size bikes, not so sure about minis. The whole thing just lifts out for living space or trips that don't involve scooters.
Dan

• PMAUST

Posted May 20, 2002 - 08:36 PM

30' Week-end Warrior! A garage and a bathroom! What more could you ask for? :)

• imported_Scott_H

Posted May 21, 2002 - 04:49 PM

thumperpower411,

Check out http://www.artisanmfg.com/ they have some pretty cool recessed (flush mount) wheel chocks that fold down and won't get in the way so you'll have more usable floor space. Their ramps are pretty nice too.

http://www.modulinecabinets.com/ has some pretty nice cabinets and accessories.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted May 22, 2002 - 02:07 PM

I run a 9x7x20 enclosed trailer, That I customized for Traveling the GNCC Circuit. It's wired for 110V and 12V, Has external power adapter and it's own 5000 Watt Generator.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Bonzai :)

[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

• PMAUST

Posted May 22, 2002 - 04:13 PM

Bill, sweet! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted May 24, 2002 - 12:39 PM

Originally posted by PMAUST:
30' Week-end Warrior! A garage and a bathroom! What more could you ask for? :)

How 'bout a 36ft Patio Hauler 5th wheel :D

I'm partial to the ATK Bike Shoe. I have two mounted in the garage of my Patio Hauler & they work great. Sooner or later I'll figure out a mounting scheme so I can swap the bike shoes between the back of my truck and the trailer.

Brian

• SMD

Posted May 24, 2002 - 05:08 PM

Nice setup Yamakaze....you have to show me how to post pics.........whats with that green bike? is that a 2stroke? :)

• Fryboy

Posted May 25, 2002 - 03:59 AM

Nice set up Bill !!

I especially like the checkered board floor ! Is there a blue disco ball that pops down for pit parties ?? LOL

Damn Kaze keeps making me want to spend more and more money :)

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: Fryboy ]

• YAMAKAZE

Posted May 27, 2002 - 10:46 AM

Fryboy,

Now my life is complete.......

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I can Die Now.....

Bonzai :)

• Fryboy

Posted May 27, 2002 - 11:28 AM

I KNEW IT !!!! LOL ! see you in the afterlife my friend

• yamaha.dude

Posted May 27, 2002 - 11:38 AM

Nice positioning of the www.thumpertalk.com URl sign - right at the brake lights - mega bonus - go directly to the final round - do not bother practising - you are in the final 16 automatically... and there is a place reserved for you in Thumper heaven...

Nice trailer, shame about the green alien living inside... :) :D

David

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.