So I ordered an 18" setup for my WR250F and went to work...
A couple of comments first:
1--The customer service from Jeff at nuetech is unlike any I've ever received, anywhere! Emails have been answered, even at 10:00 on a Friday night, almost immediately, always with thoughtful, polite advice rendered in a very helpful manner. Jeff clearly needs a life!
2--Just so yall know, this was my first ever full-sized dirt tire change, so cut any perceived difficulty level in half or so if you have a clue...
I did this over several days, pecking away at it as I had time. I watched the video and read the instructions several times. I took my time and checked the spokes once the old tire was off since the tape might make it harder to turn the nipples afterwards, and heck, I could, right?
I took some time to clean the bulk of the old rubber and crud off the rim and knocked the sharpest edges off the nicks, etc on the rim. I used soapy water rather than silicone on the red liner and had no trouble mounting it. There was a small issue in that I just could not get the bike inner tube to stay folded like they show on the video where it passes the rimlock; however, once mounted it did not protrude under the "bead" and I decided to let it be.
I mounted a Motoz 110/100-18 Tractionator H/T; in my admittedly limited experience this is a stiff sucker; it probably didn't help that my asistant is 8 and weighs all of 40 lbs... ("Don't say that word unless you can spell it, son....NO you CAN'T use 'MOM' instead of "MOTHER"...")
The bead seated easily except for one small section. I deflated everything and soaped the crap out of that section, reinflated and bounced it on the ground a bunch and got it close enough that I decided to run it as-is. It's a short section and it's really close; nothing I tried got it any closer. I'm 99% positive that this is due to inadequate lubrication of the outside of the red liner at this point; in the future I'll use the recommended silicone lube and suggest that anyone else doing this does as well. This section is near the last part of the bead we got mounted, I'm pretty sure that it simpy had time for the water to run off/dry out at that point, which the silicone would have been much less likely to do. It's close enough that I'd run it with a tube, so I'll try it like this. I used the soap instead of the silicone because I was concerned about the effect of the silicone on the slime
I'm planning to run in the tire.
So we aired it up and had the first real (but minor!) issue so far; for some reason the valve stem in the rimlock that inflates the tire itself is just a little too deep in the stem to reach the post in the pump head or any of the posts in any of the five tire gauges I have on hand. I shot Jeff an email and turned the valvestem out enough to get some air in the tire, then turned it back in so as not to leak. I had no issues, as noted above, with the beadlock stem or pressures. By the time I did all of this Jeff was back to me suggesting I try a valve stem from another tube to isolate the problem; I haven't done this yet as I wanted to run a pressure test overnight.
18 hours later, pressures are within a pound or two of where we started (and it's 10 degrees colder, so that's well within the "no leaks" range) and I'm ready to throw in some slime and remount the wheel. So far, so good!
My final impression of the mounting process is positive; with all of the rock we ride in around here I'm anxious to get the front wheel set up simply for the pinch flat issue! Aside from the valve stem, the only issues I encountered was that there are no 10mm drill bits within an hour of our little redneck-of-the-woods and it took three stops to finally find any schrader-valved tire gauge that went to 110 psi, and that ended up being a pencil-style gauge which makes it a little harder since the volume of the liner tube is so small.
Can't wait to ride it!
BTW, with all the discussion of sealants up-thread, here's Jeff's answer
Slime works excellent, just get the TUBELESS type - and 8oz is good for the rear 6oz for the front.
My understanding is that the tubeless slime works far better in this system than the tube type does in a regular motorcycle tube due to the better dimensional stability of the tire vs the tube.