Acerbis 3.3 gallon tank

13 replies to this topic
  • Blackmax

Posted June 09, 2008 - 04:57 PM

Has anyone got this tank yet?

• 05-WR450F

Posted June 10, 2008 - 05:06 AM

I have one on my 05 WR450. Looks and fits great. Limits engine access though.

• Blackmax

Posted June 11, 2008 - 04:24 PM

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant the new Acerbis for the 07 and 08 W.R. 450.

• Blackmax

Posted June 11, 2008 - 09:59 PM

I guess I'm the only one excited about this new tank. From what I hear it bolts right on and no leaks or upside down petcock or different shrouds. I'm getting one. :thumbsup:

• wartsnuff

Posted June 12, 2008 - 07:27 AM

What about your WR side plastics ?

do they bolt on now ? or do you need to get YZ plastics ?

cheers
Warts

• rubberband-man

Posted June 12, 2008 - 07:40 AM

Got stuck in the mud with my new tank. It does, indeed, bolt right on, with no leaks. Mine shipped WITH a proper petcock. The only stupid thing about it is--the petcock is vertically higher than the lowest part of the tank, so when you run out of gas, there is still gas in there. Go Figure. I love it anyway.http://i85.photobuck..._03/MudBike.jpg

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted June 12, 2008 - 12:35 PM

Got stuck in the mud with my new tank. It does, indeed, bolt right on, with no leaks. Mine shipped WITH a proper petcock. The only stupid thing about it is--the petcock is vertically higher than the lowest part of the tank, so when you run out of gas, there is still gas in there. Go Figure. I love it anyway.http://i85.photobuck..._03/MudBike.jpg

That was the single most important reason I went with the IMS. I think it sucked having to buy new shrouds with the IMS, but otherwise it is a well thought out tank with the petcock at the absolute lowest part of the tank. I like the design of the Acerbis a lot, just wish it was more like 3.5-4 gals with a lower petcock. Someone really needs to make a tank like the Aqualine 4.0 except without the ridiculous price tag.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blackmax

Posted June 12, 2008 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the input guys. That sucks if the petcock is that low on the new Acerbis tank. Does anyone have an idea how much fuel is left? :thumbsup:

• honeycutt

Posted June 12, 2008 - 08:45 PM

Isn't that tank in the picture a 6.6 gal?:thumbsup:

• Blackmax

Posted June 12, 2008 - 08:50 PM

When I spoke to the guy at Just Gas Tanks he told me they have only recieved 10 of these 3.3 tanks. They expect more at the end of the month.

• rubberband-man

Posted June 13, 2008 - 04:37 PM

The tank in the picture is the 3.3 gallon. It doesn't require new radiator shrouds--they're part of the tank/and hold gas. It is just barely wider than the stock tank w/shrouds.

• rubberband-man

Posted June 14, 2008 - 05:32 AM

I only get about 110 miles out of this thing. The stock 2.2 gallon tank on my 03 wr450 would go 120. Was GWBush and his other oil cronies somehow involved in production of this new engine? I can live with the decreased fuel efficiency, but it seems like if the engine burns that much more fuel, there may be more wear/ less longevity. Am I crazy or does anyone else's 2007+ get significantly worse gas mileage than previous models?

• Blackmax

Posted June 14, 2008 - 04:55 PM

I thought the same thing about how crappy the mileage is on my 07 W.R. But then I take the wifes D.R.200 out (it gets over 100 m.p.g.) and crack the throttle.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted June 15, 2008 - 12:36 PM

I only get about 110 miles out of this thing. The stock 2.2 gallon tank on my 03 wr450 would go 120. Was GWBush and his other oil cronies somehow involved in production of this new engine? I can live with the decreased fuel efficiency, but it seems like if the engine burns that much more fuel, there may be more wear/ less longevity. Am I crazy or does anyone else's 2007+ get significantly worse gas mileage than previous models?

I think more than anything else, you were just getting phenomenal mileage out of your '03. Let's face it, 55 mpg out of any modern 450 would be outstanding. The norm would be anywhere between 30 and 40 for most riding conditions and elevations on a well jetted bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.