Fear fender stress marks from dual sport kit

12 replies to this topic
  • mattnohiohills

Posted May 18, 2002 - 05:12 PM

I have a UFO rear yz fender, it came pre assembled with a tail light brale light and tag holder. Well over time and miles I'm getting the dreades whitish stres arks is SEVERAL diffferent locations, Another hunrded miles and I figure it will be gone. Has anyone had this problem or know of a solution to it?

• freestyle111

Posted May 18, 2002 - 06:16 PM

heat white marks with heatgun or propane torch[be careful not to melt plastic with torch].you have to heat both sides do bottom first. now i have a question.does anyone know a way i could remove stress mark[actually stretch mark]from my old lady's fat butt?i tried propane torch but she jumped around to much.i ended up burning off here eyebrows.

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

• moto_madman

Posted May 19, 2002 - 07:00 AM

once you get the white marks off try using a fender brace. It sounds like the light is too much weight for the fender.

• freestyle111

Posted May 19, 2002 - 08:41 AM

i would say white marks were caused by loopouts.he's just a too embarrassed to admit it.

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted May 19, 2002 - 09:54 PM

Originally posted by freestyle111:
heat white marks with heatgun or propane torch[be careful not to melt plastic with torch].you have to heat both sides do bottom first. now i have a question.does anyone know a way i could remove stress mark[actually stretch mark]from my old lady's fat butt?i tried propane torch but she jumped around to much.i ended up burning off here eyebrows.

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

LOL!i have the same problem.seems to help if you "work it" more!
:)

• mattnohiohills

Posted May 19, 2002 - 01:18 PM

Loop out, Hell I'm not embarrased, I think that what got the whole thing started. Not a complete loopout. I saved it but did scrappe the frnder and bend my tag and bruised my pride.
Any info on WHERE to get a good fender brace?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted May 19, 2002 - 01:32 PM

mattnohiohills,

I had the same problem with a UFO rear fender/taillight on my (past) WR. I bolted through the 2 layers of plastic on each side near the flex point. This holds the inner and outer layers tight together, stiffening the rear and reducing the flex. This seemed to be the simplest fix. I got the tip from another WR rider who had done it before.

James

• mattnohiohills

Posted May 19, 2002 - 01:35 PM

Why are all of our in house expertsmigrating t the KTM side? are they that much better of a bike?

• freestyle111

Posted May 19, 2002 - 07:17 PM

here's how i solved ugly white marks on plastic problem. Posted Image

• GPS Dual Sport

Posted May 21, 2002 - 02:54 PM

Here's a link for the rear fender brace I bought.
http://www.bbalumini...amahaaccess.htm
The prices are in AUSSIE dollars.
I have custom turn signal mounts installed on mine and with the current exchange rate it's only $68 US including shipping.
Dan Lorenze's Dad has one on his bike and that what convince me I needed one. You can pick up the rear of the bike with this brace installed.

There maybe somebody in the States making a similar brace I couldn't find anyone.

• mattnohiohills

Posted May 22, 2002 - 04:12 PM

That looks like one well nuilt fender guard, with my looping skills I think I will get one, you said it converts to about $68 us dollars?

• mattnohiohills

Posted May 22, 2002 - 04:14 PM

That looks like one well built fender guard, with my looping skills I think I will get one, you said it converts to about $68 us dollars?

• freestyle111

Posted May 22, 2002 - 05:05 PM

my buddy put brace like that on his ktm 400.next time he looped out his whole subframe bent.rearfenders are supposed to break off subframes arent.your better off buying new fenders than subframes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.